*Eddie Murphy may not be making a “Beverly Hills Cop IV,” but the actor says he’s working on bringing the successful film franchise to the small screen.
Murphy says in the new issue of Rolling Stone that he’s planning a TV series that would revolve around the son of his Axel Foley character.
“Axel is the chief of police now in Detroit,” Murphy says. “I’d do the pilot, show up here and there.”
The actor, who returns to the big screen on Nov. 4 in the crime comedy “Tower Heist,” also told Rolling Stone a fourth “Cop” movie never materialized because “none of the movie scripts were right.”
“It was trying to force the premise,” Murphy said. “If you have to force something, you shouldn’t be doing it. It was always a rehash of the old thing. It was always wrong.”
The new Rolling Stone hits newsstands today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Amber Rose to Host Weekly VH1 Talk Show Produced by Dr. Phil
- NFL Vet Dana Stubblefield Charged With Raping Developmentally Disabled Woman
- Little Richard Still Alive Despite Internet Rumors...And Praising Prince
- Chris Brown: New Single ‘Grass Ain’t Greener’ Coming May 5
- 911 Records in Prince Probe Show June 2011 Call over Cocaine Concern (Report)
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here