*Eddie Murphy may not be making a “Beverly Hills Cop IV,” but the actor says he’s working on bringing the successful film franchise to the small screen.
Murphy says in the new issue of Rolling Stone that he’s planning a TV series that would revolve around the son of his Axel Foley character.
“Axel is the chief of police now in Detroit,” Murphy says. “I’d do the pilot, show up here and there.”
The actor, who returns to the big screen on Nov. 4 in the crime comedy “Tower Heist,” also told Rolling Stone a fourth “Cop” movie never materialized because “none of the movie scripts were right.”
“It was trying to force the premise,” Murphy said. “If you have to force something, you shouldn’t be doing it. It was always a rehash of the old thing. It was always wrong.”
The new Rolling Stone hits newsstands today.
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here