*Eddie Murphy may not be making a “Beverly Hills Cop IV,” but the actor says he’s working on bringing the successful film franchise to the small screen.
Murphy says in the new issue of Rolling Stone that he’s planning a TV series that would revolve around the son of his Axel Foley character.
“Axel is the chief of police now in Detroit,” Murphy says. “I’d do the pilot, show up here and there.”
The actor, who returns to the big screen on Nov. 4 in the crime comedy “Tower Heist,” also told Rolling Stone a fourth “Cop” movie never materialized because “none of the movie scripts were right.”
“It was trying to force the premise,” Murphy said. “If you have to force something, you shouldn’t be doing it. It was always a rehash of the old thing. It was always wrong.”
The new Rolling Stone hits newsstands today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here