*Eddie Murphy may not be making a “Beverly Hills Cop IV,” but the actor says he’s working on bringing the successful film franchise to the small screen.
Murphy says in the new issue of Rolling Stone that he’s planning a TV series that would revolve around the son of his Axel Foley character.
“Axel is the chief of police now in Detroit,” Murphy says. “I’d do the pilot, show up here and there.”
The actor, who returns to the big screen on Nov. 4 in the crime comedy “Tower Heist,” also told Rolling Stone a fourth “Cop” movie never materialized because “none of the movie scripts were right.”
“It was trying to force the premise,” Murphy said. “If you have to force something, you shouldn’t be doing it. It was always a rehash of the old thing. It was always wrong.”
The new Rolling Stone hits newsstands today.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to his Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here