*As part of her “Let’s Move!” initiative, Michelle Obama wants to literally jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday, reports the Associated Press. The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
The exact record to break is 20,425 jumpers, set on March 22, 2011.
Meanwhile, the AP was on hand yesterday to film the first lady and first dog, Bo, running soccer drills with the U.S. women’s soccer team and young girls on the South Lawn. See photos and video below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Tracy Morgan Performs First Standup Gig Since Crash
- Steven Ivory: If You're Tired of Starting Over....
- Omarosa to Host the 2015 African American Vanguard Awards
- Sorry Hillary: T.I Doesn’t Want a Woman as President
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Talks Pressure Playing O.J. Simpson in ‘Crime Story’
- Will Packer Talks 'Organic Diversity' of New 'Truth Be Told' Series (EUR Exclusive)
- A ‘Much Happier’ NeNe Leakes Reflects on Leaving RHOA, Possible Return
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here