*As part of her “Let’s Move!” initiative, Michelle Obama wants to literally jump into the Guinness World Records book next week by helping break the title for the most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period.
To break the record, more than 20,000 people around the world will need to do jumping jacks for a minute.
The first lady will lead hundreds of local children in doing one minute of jumping jacks on the South Lawn on Tuesday, reports the Associated Press. The event will be reviewed by an official from Guinness World Records and will signal the beginning of a 24-hour challenge.
The exact record to break is 20,425 jumpers, set on March 22, 2011.
Meanwhile, the AP was on hand yesterday to film the first lady and first dog, Bo, running soccer drills with the U.S. women’s soccer team and young girls on the South Lawn. See photos and video below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here