*Gospel girl group Zie’l is now short one member.
The former Light Records/Gospel Warehouse artists are prepping their first independent CD without lead vocalist Christina Bell.
Their 2006 debut release Genesis garnered a Stellar Award nomination. That album featured the remake of the Clark Sister’s “Is My Living In Vain” and the James Cleveland favorite “Surely He’s Able.”
Remaining members Crystal Bell (Christina’s sister), Aphten Jones and Keyondra Lockett will be singing three part harmony on their own label Bella Dawn Records until the decision is made to add a fourth member. The first CD on their imprint is expected to be released in 2012.
Christina Bell plans to pursue a solo career stating:
“I am excited for the journey ahead of me and will miss my girls! We shall forever remain family and minister to the masses in Jesus name whether together or apart.”
According to a press release, the change in members of the group is only a change in number. They are friends and they are family and more so than ever, they are enthusiastic about the future of Zie’l.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here