*Gospel girl group Zie’l is now short one member.
The former Light Records/Gospel Warehouse artists are prepping their first independent CD without lead vocalist Christina Bell.
Their 2006 debut release Genesis garnered a Stellar Award nomination. That album featured the remake of the Clark Sister’s “Is My Living In Vain” and the James Cleveland favorite “Surely He’s Able.”
Remaining members Crystal Bell (Christina’s sister), Aphten Jones and Keyondra Lockett will be singing three part harmony on their own label Bella Dawn Records until the decision is made to add a fourth member. The first CD on their imprint is expected to be released in 2012.
Christina Bell plans to pursue a solo career stating:
“I am excited for the journey ahead of me and will miss my girls! We shall forever remain family and minister to the masses in Jesus name whether together or apart.”
According to a press release, the change in members of the group is only a change in number. They are friends and they are family and more so than ever, they are enthusiastic about the future of Zie’l.
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here