*Gospel girl group Zie’l is now short one member.
The former Light Records/Gospel Warehouse artists are prepping their first independent CD without lead vocalist Christina Bell.
Their 2006 debut release Genesis garnered a Stellar Award nomination. That album featured the remake of the Clark Sister’s “Is My Living In Vain” and the James Cleveland favorite “Surely He’s Able.”
Remaining members Crystal Bell (Christina’s sister), Aphten Jones and Keyondra Lockett will be singing three part harmony on their own label Bella Dawn Records until the decision is made to add a fourth member. The first CD on their imprint is expected to be released in 2012.
Christina Bell plans to pursue a solo career stating:
“I am excited for the journey ahead of me and will miss my girls! We shall forever remain family and minister to the masses in Jesus name whether together or apart.”
According to a press release, the change in members of the group is only a change in number. They are friends and they are family and more so than ever, they are enthusiastic about the future of Zie’l.
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here