*Hank Williams Jr. has gone in on both “Fox & Friends” and ESPN in a new song he recorded Friday, called, “I’ll Keep My …”
The move is in response to an interview last week on the Fox News talk show that led to the end of his association with the sports network and “Monday Night Football,” long home to his “Are you ready for some football?” theme.
He’s also scheduled to appear on “The View” and “Hannity” on Tuesday to discuss the uproar that sprung up after he made an analogy that President Barack Obama and House Speaker Rep. John Boehner golfing together was like Nazi leader Adolph Hitler and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu playing a round.
ESPN pulled Williams’ intro from last Monday’s “MNF” telecast after the comments and the move became permanent Thursday when both sides said they’d decided to pull the spot.
Williams wrote the topical third verse of “I’ll Keep My …” when he woke up Friday morning and he and a group of players laid it down in a Nashville studio by Friday afternoon. It could be on iTunes late today or early Tuesday.
In the song Williams, son of country music icon Hank Williams, says “Fox & Friends” hosts twisted his words: “So Fox `n Friends wanna put me down/Ask for my opinion/Twist it all around.” He finishes the verse: “Well two can play that gotcha game you’ll see.”
Early in the song, he says the U.S. is “going down the drain” and says it’s becoming “The United Socialist States of America.” He mentions keeping “Fox & Friends” and ESPN out of your home toward the end of the song.
Williams’ comments last Monday drew unlikely reactions with many commentators and comedians coming to his defense, claiming ESPN was infringing on his right to free speech. His defenders included the left-leaning Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar of “The View” and Jon Stewart of “The Daily Show” and on the other side of the political landscape Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bombshell Report: Bill Cosby Admitted to Sex with Teens!
- Floyd Mayweather Hired Drake, Future For Daughter’s Sweet Sixteen
- Donald Trump Lists Oakland as 'Most Dangerous City in the World'
- Prince’s Heirs to Release ‘Hours and Hours’ of Vault Music
- Jada Pinkett Smith on ‘Gotham’ Return; Living in All-DC Comics Household
- T.I. Backs Chris Brown's Rip of Baby Mama Over Daughter’s IG Pic (Watch)
- Student With Cerebral Palsy Shocks Graduation by Walking for 1st Time (Watch)
- Snoop Dogg Joins Lalah Hathaway to Perform 'Ghetto Boy' Today on 'The Real' (WATCH)
- Whoopi Goldberg’s Transgender Model Series ‘Strut’ Lands at Oxygen
- DJ Ruckus Addresses Tyson Beckford Brawl Over Shanina Shaik (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here