*After being invited not to return to daytime talk show, “The Talk,” Holly Robinson Peete will return to the network in prime time with a plum spot on CBS’ “Mike & Molly.”
A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Peete will appear in a multiple episode arc as a love interest to Mike’s Carl (Reno Wilson), who is Mike’s partner on the police force – and romantically challenged.
Peete was one of the original hosts on “The Talk’s” freshman season, but the network didn’t renew her (or co-host Leah Remini’s) contract for Season 2 back in September. The decision has sparked ongoing protests from the show’s fans.
Before “The Talk,” Peete starred in several TV series, including “Love, Inc.,” “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper,” and “21 Jump Street.” She also appeared on the third season of “Celebrity Apprentice,” finishing as the runner-up to winner Brett Michaels. The actress launched the HollyRod Foundation, which provides support for families with autism.
“Mike & Molly” is currently airing its second season Mondays at 9:30 pm on CBS.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here