*After being invited not to return to daytime talk show, “The Talk,” Holly Robinson Peete will return to the network in prime time with a plum spot on CBS’ “Mike & Molly.”
A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Peete will appear in a multiple episode arc as a love interest to Mike’s Carl (Reno Wilson), who is Mike’s partner on the police force – and romantically challenged.
Peete was one of the original hosts on “The Talk’s” freshman season, but the network didn’t renew her (or co-host Leah Remini’s) contract for Season 2 back in September. The decision has sparked ongoing protests from the show’s fans.
Before “The Talk,” Peete starred in several TV series, including “Love, Inc.,” “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper,” and “21 Jump Street.” She also appeared on the third season of “Celebrity Apprentice,” finishing as the runner-up to winner Brett Michaels. The actress launched the HollyRod Foundation, which provides support for families with autism.
“Mike & Molly” is currently airing its second season Mondays at 9:30 pm on CBS.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here