*After being invited not to return to daytime talk show, “The Talk,” Holly Robinson Peete will return to the network in prime time with a plum spot on CBS’ “Mike & Molly.”
A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Peete will appear in a multiple episode arc as a love interest to Mike’s Carl (Reno Wilson), who is Mike’s partner on the police force – and romantically challenged.
Peete was one of the original hosts on “The Talk’s” freshman season, but the network didn’t renew her (or co-host Leah Remini’s) contract for Season 2 back in September. The decision has sparked ongoing protests from the show’s fans.
Before “The Talk,” Peete starred in several TV series, including “Love, Inc.,” “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper,” and “21 Jump Street.” She also appeared on the third season of “Celebrity Apprentice,” finishing as the runner-up to winner Brett Michaels. The actress launched the HollyRod Foundation, which provides support for families with autism.
“Mike & Molly” is currently airing its second season Mondays at 9:30 pm on CBS.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here