*After being invited not to return to daytime talk show, “The Talk,” Holly Robinson Peete will return to the network in prime time with a plum spot on CBS’ “Mike & Molly.”
A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Peete will appear in a multiple episode arc as a love interest to Mike’s Carl (Reno Wilson), who is Mike’s partner on the police force – and romantically challenged.
Peete was one of the original hosts on “The Talk’s” freshman season, but the network didn’t renew her (or co-host Leah Remini’s) contract for Season 2 back in September. The decision has sparked ongoing protests from the show’s fans.
Before “The Talk,” Peete starred in several TV series, including “Love, Inc.,” “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper,” and “21 Jump Street.” She also appeared on the third season of “Celebrity Apprentice,” finishing as the runner-up to winner Brett Michaels. The actress launched the HollyRod Foundation, which provides support for families with autism.
“Mike & Molly” is currently airing its second season Mondays at 9:30 pm on CBS.
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here