*After being invited not to return to daytime talk show, “The Talk,” Holly Robinson Peete will return to the network in prime time with a plum spot on CBS’ “Mike & Molly.”
A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Peete will appear in a multiple episode arc as a love interest to Mike’s Carl (Reno Wilson), who is Mike’s partner on the police force – and romantically challenged.
Peete was one of the original hosts on “The Talk’s” freshman season, but the network didn’t renew her (or co-host Leah Remini’s) contract for Season 2 back in September. The decision has sparked ongoing protests from the show’s fans.
Before “The Talk,” Peete starred in several TV series, including “Love, Inc.,” “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper,” and “21 Jump Street.” She also appeared on the third season of “Celebrity Apprentice,” finishing as the runner-up to winner Brett Michaels. The actress launched the HollyRod Foundation, which provides support for families with autism.
“Mike & Molly” is currently airing its second season Mondays at 9:30 pm on CBS.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- 'Black-ish' Ep. 3, 'Dr. Hell No' Highlights Healthcare Fear Among Black Men
- Beyonce, Jay Z Renting $45 Million Mansion, Suing Clothing Retailer
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here