*Results of an inquest into Amy Winehouse’s death reveal that the Grammy winner died from alcohol poisoning, a London coroner said Wednesday.

Coroner Suzanne Greenaway tells the Associated Press the verdict has been ruled “death by misadventure” because Winehouse voluntarily consumed alcohol and took on the consequences of her actions.

A pathologist’s report found that Winehouse had consumed a “very large quantity of alcohol,” and was more than five times the legal limit when she died. The singer’s body was discovered at her North London home on July 23. She was 27.

Sitting at St. Pancras Coroner’s Court in London, Greenway said of Winehouse: “She had consumed sufficient alcohol at 416 mg per decilitre of blood and the unintended consequences of such potentially fatal levels was her sudden and unexpected death.”

The British legal limit for driving under the influence of alcohol is 80mg. The singer’s weight loss, tiny frame and bronchial problems are also likely to have increased her exposure to the effects of alcohol on her system. The hearing was told that she had not consumed any alcohol in the three-weeks leading to her death.

An earlier toxicology report published in August had found that there were no illegal drugs in her system, despite press reports claiming she had been out the night before her death buying drugs in North London.

The inquest also heard that live-in security guard Andrew Morris had checked on the star on the morning of the July 23rd and thought she was in bed sleeping. He called the emergency services when he checked on her five hours later and found she had not moved. Empty vodka bottles were found at the scene.