*Janet Jackson is rearranging her Australian tour schedule so that she can support her family during the Los Angeles trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, who is accused of involuntary manslaughter in her brother Michael’s death.
The Jacksons have been a regular presence at the trial, which is expected to see the prosecution wrap its case sometime today. Janet Jackson attended days at the beginning.
“When I planned these shows, the schedule in California was completely different,” she said in a Sunday statement to The Associated Press. “After talking with my family last night, I decided we must be together right now. …. This saddens me in so many ways.”
The shows for her “Number Ones” tour were scheduled in Melbourne on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday; to make them up, she’ll perform one night, on Nov. 3, in Rod Laver Arena. She thanked her fans for their support and understanding.
Jackson also has the support of her promoter.
“It is important that Janet is with her family at this critical point in the hearing. While Janet and our company apologize for any inconvenience for the reschedule of the Melbourne shows, we thank Janet for the great and successful concerts in Perth and Adelaide and eagerly await her return. … Our thoughts and prayers are with Janet and the entire Jackson family,” promoter Paul Dainty said.
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here