*Janet Jackson is rearranging her Australian tour schedule so that she can support her family during the Los Angeles trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, who is accused of involuntary manslaughter in her brother Michael’s death.
The Jacksons have been a regular presence at the trial, which is expected to see the prosecution wrap its case sometime today. Janet Jackson attended days at the beginning.
“When I planned these shows, the schedule in California was completely different,” she said in a Sunday statement to The Associated Press. “After talking with my family last night, I decided we must be together right now. …. This saddens me in so many ways.”
The shows for her “Number Ones” tour were scheduled in Melbourne on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday; to make them up, she’ll perform one night, on Nov. 3, in Rod Laver Arena. She thanked her fans for their support and understanding.
Jackson also has the support of her promoter.
“It is important that Janet is with her family at this critical point in the hearing. While Janet and our company apologize for any inconvenience for the reschedule of the Melbourne shows, we thank Janet for the great and successful concerts in Perth and Adelaide and eagerly await her return. … Our thoughts and prayers are with Janet and the entire Jackson family,” promoter Paul Dainty said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here