*(New York, NY) – Seven-time Grammy nominated Rhythm & Blues singer Joe Thomas sang the National Anthem prior to Game Six of the World Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Texas Rangers Thursday night with coverage on FOX.
(The “Cardiac” Cardinals came back to win the game 10-9 and tie the series 3-3.)
Joe’s 9th album The Good, The Bad, The Sexy made its debut on Kedar Entertainment Group last week and it topped the charts coming in #8 on Billboard’s Top 200, #1 on the Indie chart, and #2 on the R&B chart.
The singer made time last week to visit Kaplan House in New York City, a residential facility for young men who get caught up in the New York Juvenile Justice System. In a New York Daily News story on him last Thursday, Joe said:
“A lot of kids have broken families, mothers in the home but no fathers around. But that shouldn’t be an excuse,” Joe said. “Just touching an instrument for the first time can change your life, other than touching a gun.”
Finally, Joe’s album release week was highlighted by a performance at the Triumph Awards at Lincoln Center where Joe performed a medley for recipients of the awards from Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network including Tyler Perry, Chris Rock, Tina Thompson from the LA Sparks and more. He shared insight on his music with the Wall Street Journal.
In 2009, iTunes named Joe’s Signature the best R&B album of the tear. Two years later Joe’s vision continues with The Good, The Bad, The Sexy.
President, Noerdlinger Media
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here