*While the details of the Tupac Shakur biopic are still being worked out, John Singleton is in negotiations about possibly directing the flick.
The opportunity comes almost 20 years after he directed “Poetic Justice” starring Tupac and Janet Jackson. Both the director and rapper became close friends during filming, which would definitely give the director an edge in directing the very personal film.
Previously, the project was under the direction of “Training Day” director, Antoine Fuqua, however, it seems as if he was having a hard time casting the main role.
As a result, he gave up and decided to move on to the next thing, leaving the biopic hanging in the air.
But it might turn out to be a good thing.
Singleton was rumored to be directing the N.W.A. biopic, “Straight Outta Compton,” but it looks like that won’t happen because the studio decided to see how Compton native Craig Brewer fares with his version of “Footloose,” which is out this weekend.
In case you’re wondering, Stephen J. Rivele and Chris Wilkinson are the original authors of the Tupac script. But Brian Tucker has penned the most recent draft.
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here