*While the details of the Tupac Shakur biopic are still being worked out, John Singleton is in negotiations about possibly directing the flick.
The opportunity comes almost 20 years after he directed “Poetic Justice” starring Tupac and Janet Jackson. Both the director and rapper became close friends during filming, which would definitely give the director an edge in directing the very personal film.
Previously, the project was under the direction of “Training Day” director, Antoine Fuqua, however, it seems as if he was having a hard time casting the main role.
As a result, he gave up and decided to move on to the next thing, leaving the biopic hanging in the air.
But it might turn out to be a good thing.
Singleton was rumored to be directing the N.W.A. biopic, “Straight Outta Compton,” but it looks like that won’t happen because the studio decided to see how Compton native Craig Brewer fares with his version of “Footloose,” which is out this weekend.
In case you’re wondering, Stephen J. Rivele and Chris Wilkinson are the original authors of the Tupac script. But Brian Tucker has penned the most recent draft.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here