*While the details of the Tupac Shakur biopic are still being worked out, John Singleton is in negotiations about possibly directing the flick.
The opportunity comes almost 20 years after he directed “Poetic Justice” starring Tupac and Janet Jackson. Both the director and rapper became close friends during filming, which would definitely give the director an edge in directing the very personal film.
Previously, the project was under the direction of “Training Day” director, Antoine Fuqua, however, it seems as if he was having a hard time casting the main role.
As a result, he gave up and decided to move on to the next thing, leaving the biopic hanging in the air.
But it might turn out to be a good thing.
Singleton was rumored to be directing the N.W.A. biopic, “Straight Outta Compton,” but it looks like that won’t happen because the studio decided to see how Compton native Craig Brewer fares with his version of “Footloose,” which is out this weekend.
In case you’re wondering, Stephen J. Rivele and Chris Wilkinson are the original authors of the Tupac script. But Brian Tucker has penned the most recent draft.
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here