*Stand-up concert film “Kevin Hart: Laugh at My Pain” continued its extraordinary box-office run this weekend, passing $7 million in revenue since its Sept. 9 release, reports Reuters. It is now, by far, the most successful film this year for any release that never went out wider than 300 theaters.
The R-rated film, from Codeblack, a distributor of content targeting mostly African-American audiences, debuted explosively on Sept. 9, grossing more than $1.9 million for its opening weekend at only 98 locations.
Playing 188 locations this weekend, its sixth in release, “Laugh at My Pain” grossed $276,000, bringing its domestic total to nearly $7.4 million.
Featuring documentary-style footage of comedian Hart on stage, as well as at home in Philadelphia and goofing a bit in a send-up skit of Quentin Tarantino’s “Reservoir Dogs,” “Laugh at My Pain” was produced for only around $750,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here