*Stand-up concert film “Kevin Hart: Laugh at My Pain” continued its extraordinary box-office run this weekend, passing $7 million in revenue since its Sept. 9 release, reports Reuters. It is now, by far, the most successful film this year for any release that never went out wider than 300 theaters.
The R-rated film, from Codeblack, a distributor of content targeting mostly African-American audiences, debuted explosively on Sept. 9, grossing more than $1.9 million for its opening weekend at only 98 locations.
Playing 188 locations this weekend, its sixth in release, “Laugh at My Pain” grossed $276,000, bringing its domestic total to nearly $7.4 million.
Featuring documentary-style footage of comedian Hart on stage, as well as at home in Philadelphia and goofing a bit in a send-up skit of Quentin Tarantino’s “Reservoir Dogs,” “Laugh at My Pain” was produced for only around $750,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here