*Stand-up concert film “Kevin Hart: Laugh at My Pain” continued its extraordinary box-office run this weekend, passing $7 million in revenue since its Sept. 9 release, reports Reuters. It is now, by far, the most successful film this year for any release that never went out wider than 300 theaters.
The R-rated film, from Codeblack, a distributor of content targeting mostly African-American audiences, debuted explosively on Sept. 9, grossing more than $1.9 million for its opening weekend at only 98 locations.
Playing 188 locations this weekend, its sixth in release, “Laugh at My Pain” grossed $276,000, bringing its domestic total to nearly $7.4 million.
Featuring documentary-style footage of comedian Hart on stage, as well as at home in Philadelphia and goofing a bit in a send-up skit of Quentin Tarantino’s “Reservoir Dogs,” “Laugh at My Pain” was produced for only around $750,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here