After denying it over and over, even though nobody believed her, Kim Kardashian is filing for divorce from Kris Humphries.
The implosion of the marriage comes just 72 days after they tied the knot in a lavish ceremony that was taped for her reality show.
“Yes @kimkardashian is filing for divorce this morning,” Tweets Ryan Seacrest, who produces her reality show. “I touched base with her.”
Reports say Kardashian, 30, has hired celebrity lawyer Laura Wasser and will cite the usual “irreconcilable differences.” The date of separation will be listed as today, Oct. 31, 2011.
The filing comes after weeks of speculation of trouble in their brief marriage.
Here’s what a source told TMZ about the couple’s problems:
One of the main points of contention in the marriage was where the couple would live after all of the wedding madness finally died down.
We’re told Kris was passionate about eventually settling down in Minnesota, where he’s from … and believed Kim was on board with the plan. She wasn’t.
Sources tell us Kim — who’s from L.A. — wants to stay near her family … and she also feels that staying in town is the best thing for her career.
It makes you wonder why a super important item like that wasn’t discussed long before the wedding.We also wonder if all the drama was captured for her reality show. In fact, we wouldn’t be surprised if it was.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here