*According to TMZ, Kim Kardashian‘s husband claims he was bilked out of hundreds of thousands of dollars by a guy he invited to his wedding … a guy who’s been arrested for allegedly running a $1.7 million investment scam.
Andrey C. Hicks was a guest at Kim and Kris Humphries televised wedding bonanza in August … and sat right behind the happy couple during the rehearsal dinner.
But TMZ has learned … after the wedding, Humphries found out that Hicks was a target in a federal investigation in which he’s suspected of raising money for a purported billion dollar hedge fund … that didn’t really exist.
Officials believe Andrey lied to several investors — including Kris — telling them, among other things, that he was a Harvard graduate … when in fact, he was kicked out of the University after 3 semesters for crappy grades. Officials say Andrey only took 1 math class at Harvard … and got a D-.
Officials claim 27-year-old Hicks stole $1.7 million from various investors … and sources close to Kris tell us the NBA star accounted for hundreds of thousands of dollars himself.
Hicks was arrested in Canada on Friday and charged with wire fraud. Officials believe he was trying to flee to Switzerland. If convicted, Hicks could face up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here