*According to TMZ, Kim Kardashian‘s husband claims he was bilked out of hundreds of thousands of dollars by a guy he invited to his wedding … a guy who’s been arrested for allegedly running a $1.7 million investment scam.
Andrey C. Hicks was a guest at Kim and Kris Humphries televised wedding bonanza in August … and sat right behind the happy couple during the rehearsal dinner.
But TMZ has learned … after the wedding, Humphries found out that Hicks was a target in a federal investigation in which he’s suspected of raising money for a purported billion dollar hedge fund … that didn’t really exist.
Officials believe Andrey lied to several investors — including Kris — telling them, among other things, that he was a Harvard graduate … when in fact, he was kicked out of the University after 3 semesters for crappy grades. Officials say Andrey only took 1 math class at Harvard … and got a D-.
Officials claim 27-year-old Hicks stole $1.7 million from various investors … and sources close to Kris tell us the NBA star accounted for hundreds of thousands of dollars himself.
Hicks was arrested in Canada on Friday and charged with wire fraud. Officials believe he was trying to flee to Switzerland. If convicted, Hicks could face up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here