The latest movement is in the industry. “The L Word” was such a smash for Showtime, but after it ended, that empty space needs to be filled by something quite comparable.
So the network has signed a deal with Lee Daniels and screenwriter W. Merritt Johnson that will focus on the LGBT community.
According to reports, the show will be about disenfranchised multicultural transgender youth in the underground ball society in New York City, which consists of Black, Latino LGBT young people who come together to basically survive.
Daniels and Johnson will be executive producers as well as writer and director. This big project adds to the long list Daniel is currently incurring, including feature film, “The Paper Boy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here