The latest movement is in the industry. “The L Word” was such a smash for Showtime, but after it ended, that empty space needs to be filled by something quite comparable.
So the network has signed a deal with Lee Daniels and screenwriter W. Merritt Johnson that will focus on the LGBT community.
According to reports, the show will be about disenfranchised multicultural transgender youth in the underground ball society in New York City, which consists of Black, Latino LGBT young people who come together to basically survive.
Daniels and Johnson will be executive producers as well as writer and director. This big project adds to the long list Daniel is currently incurring, including feature film, “The Paper Boy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here