The latest movement is in the industry. “The L Word” was such a smash for Showtime, but after it ended, that empty space needs to be filled by something quite comparable.
So the network has signed a deal with Lee Daniels and screenwriter W. Merritt Johnson that will focus on the LGBT community.
According to reports, the show will be about disenfranchised multicultural transgender youth in the underground ball society in New York City, which consists of Black, Latino LGBT young people who come together to basically survive.
Daniels and Johnson will be executive producers as well as writer and director. This big project adds to the long list Daniel is currently incurring, including feature film, “The Paper Boy.”
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here