*LeToya Luckett, one of the original members of Destiny’s Child members, is still doing her thing. Over the years she’s released two solo albums and even stepped into the acting scene with her role in “The Preacher’s Kid” and a recurring role on HBO’s “Treme.”
Now she’s back in action with a big role in a new inspirational drama, “From the Rough.”
In an interview with Essence, the multitalented woman talked about the new flick and her future in music.
“It stars Taraji P. Henson, Michael Clark Duncan, and Tom Felton of ‘Harry Potter.’ It’s a true story about Coach Starks, the first — not just African-American — but female to coach a men’s golf team,” she said. “Before Coach Starks became the golf coach, she was the swim coach for [Texas State University]. My character Stacey was one of her students and I fall in love with Tom Felton’s character. This isn’t necessarily something that Coach Starks wants. So I’m kind of torn between the two people — the one that I love and the one that I look up to.
She also dished that a new album is in the making. This time it’ll be a little different, more soulful, and more real.
Check out the full interview here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- The 15th Annual East Coast Black Age of Comics Convention in Philly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here