*LeToya Luckett, one of the original members of Destiny’s Child members, is still doing her thing. Over the years she’s released two solo albums and even stepped into the acting scene with her role in “The Preacher’s Kid” and a recurring role on HBO’s “Treme.”
Now she’s back in action with a big role in a new inspirational drama, “From the Rough.”
In an interview with Essence, the multitalented woman talked about the new flick and her future in music.
“It stars Taraji P. Henson, Michael Clark Duncan, and Tom Felton of ‘Harry Potter.’ It’s a true story about Coach Starks, the first — not just African-American — but female to coach a men’s golf team,” she said. “Before Coach Starks became the golf coach, she was the swim coach for [Texas State University]. My character Stacey was one of her students and I fall in love with Tom Felton’s character. This isn’t necessarily something that Coach Starks wants. So I’m kind of torn between the two people — the one that I love and the one that I look up to.
She also dished that a new album is in the making. This time it’ll be a little different, more soulful, and more real.
Check out the full interview here.
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- Bobbi Kristina was Taken to Chicago; Ricky Bell Tries to Comfort Bobby
- Duh! New Gun-Shaped iPhone Case: Scary, Stupid, Dumb, Dangerous Idea
- Geraldo Blames Kendrick Lamar for Damaging Young Black Males
- Steven Spielberg Reduces The Rock to a 'Big Ass Kid' with Personal Letter
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here