*LeToya Luckett, one of the original members of Destiny’s Child members, is still doing her thing. Over the years she’s released two solo albums and even stepped into the acting scene with her role in “The Preacher’s Kid” and a recurring role on HBO’s “Treme.”
Now she’s back in action with a big role in a new inspirational drama, “From the Rough.”
In an interview with Essence, the multitalented woman talked about the new flick and her future in music.
“It stars Taraji P. Henson, Michael Clark Duncan, and Tom Felton of ‘Harry Potter.’ It’s a true story about Coach Starks, the first — not just African-American — but female to coach a men’s golf team,” she said. “Before Coach Starks became the golf coach, she was the swim coach for [Texas State University]. My character Stacey was one of her students and I fall in love with Tom Felton’s character. This isn’t necessarily something that Coach Starks wants. So I’m kind of torn between the two people — the one that I love and the one that I look up to.
She also dished that a new album is in the making. This time it’ll be a little different, more soulful, and more real.
Check out the full interview here.
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here