*LeToya Luckett, one of the original members of Destiny’s Child members, is still doing her thing. Over the years she’s released two solo albums and even stepped into the acting scene with her role in “The Preacher’s Kid” and a recurring role on HBO’s “Treme.”
Now she’s back in action with a big role in a new inspirational drama, “From the Rough.”
In an interview with Essence, the multitalented woman talked about the new flick and her future in music.
“It stars Taraji P. Henson, Michael Clark Duncan, and Tom Felton of ‘Harry Potter.’ It’s a true story about Coach Starks, the first — not just African-American — but female to coach a men’s golf team,” she said. “Before Coach Starks became the golf coach, she was the swim coach for [Texas State University]. My character Stacey was one of her students and I fall in love with Tom Felton’s character. This isn’t necessarily something that Coach Starks wants. So I’m kind of torn between the two people — the one that I love and the one that I look up to.
She also dished that a new album is in the making. This time it’ll be a little different, more soulful, and more real.
Check out the full interview here.
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here