CBSSports.com’s Will Brinson listed 10 acts that might replace Williams, although it appears that ESPN will be going in a different, less musical direction, at least for the rest of the 2011 season.
On Monday night before the Chicago Bears-Detroit Lions game, former Lions running back and NFL Hall of Famer Barry Sanders will announce the classic line, “Are you ready for football?” Sanders, by the way, told the world on Twitter.
ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said that, “This is the format we’ll likely use the remainder of the season. We haven’t made any decisions beyond that.”
And it looks like Sanders has won over any competition, with fans and critics welcoming the former star back to Monday night football.
Michael David Smith wrote earlier Friday, “Regardless of what you think of Williams’ comments and ESPN’s response to those comments, we can all agree on this: There’s no one better than Barry Sanders to welcome America to football in Detroit.”
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here