CBSSports.com’s Will Brinson listed 10 acts that might replace Williams, although it appears that ESPN will be going in a different, less musical direction, at least for the rest of the 2011 season.
On Monday night before the Chicago Bears-Detroit Lions game, former Lions running back and NFL Hall of Famer Barry Sanders will announce the classic line, “Are you ready for football?” Sanders, by the way, told the world on Twitter.
ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said that, “This is the format we’ll likely use the remainder of the season. We haven’t made any decisions beyond that.”
And it looks like Sanders has won over any competition, with fans and critics welcoming the former star back to Monday night football.
Michael David Smith wrote earlier Friday, “Regardless of what you think of Williams’ comments and ESPN’s response to those comments, we can all agree on this: There’s no one better than Barry Sanders to welcome America to football in Detroit.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here