CBSSports.com’s Will Brinson listed 10 acts that might replace Williams, although it appears that ESPN will be going in a different, less musical direction, at least for the rest of the 2011 season.
On Monday night before the Chicago Bears-Detroit Lions game, former Lions running back and NFL Hall of Famer Barry Sanders will announce the classic line, “Are you ready for football?” Sanders, by the way, told the world on Twitter.
ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said that, “This is the format we’ll likely use the remainder of the season. We haven’t made any decisions beyond that.”
And it looks like Sanders has won over any competition, with fans and critics welcoming the former star back to Monday night football.
Michael David Smith wrote earlier Friday, “Regardless of what you think of Williams’ comments and ESPN’s response to those comments, we can all agree on this: There’s no one better than Barry Sanders to welcome America to football in Detroit.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here