CBSSports.com’s Will Brinson listed 10 acts that might replace Williams, although it appears that ESPN will be going in a different, less musical direction, at least for the rest of the 2011 season.
On Monday night before the Chicago Bears-Detroit Lions game, former Lions running back and NFL Hall of Famer Barry Sanders will announce the classic line, “Are you ready for football?” Sanders, by the way, told the world on Twitter.
ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said that, “This is the format we’ll likely use the remainder of the season. We haven’t made any decisions beyond that.”
And it looks like Sanders has won over any competition, with fans and critics welcoming the former star back to Monday night football.
Michael David Smith wrote earlier Friday, “Regardless of what you think of Williams’ comments and ESPN’s response to those comments, we can all agree on this: There’s no one better than Barry Sanders to welcome America to football in Detroit.”
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here