CBSSports.com’s Will Brinson listed 10 acts that might replace Williams, although it appears that ESPN will be going in a different, less musical direction, at least for the rest of the 2011 season.
On Monday night before the Chicago Bears-Detroit Lions game, former Lions running back and NFL Hall of Famer Barry Sanders will announce the classic line, “Are you ready for football?” Sanders, by the way, told the world on Twitter.
ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said that, “This is the format we’ll likely use the remainder of the season. We haven’t made any decisions beyond that.”
And it looks like Sanders has won over any competition, with fans and critics welcoming the former star back to Monday night football.
Michael David Smith wrote earlier Friday, “Regardless of what you think of Williams’ comments and ESPN’s response to those comments, we can all agree on this: There’s no one better than Barry Sanders to welcome America to football in Detroit.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here