*The Resurrection of Nat Turner, Part One: The Witnesses hits bookshelves in August and is the first of two landmark novels by Sharon Ewell Foster to change and challenge what America knows about Nat Turner published by Howard/ Simon & Schuster.
It is believed that Nat Turner led the only successful slave revolt in American history 180 years ago on August 22, 1831 in Virginia. The aftermath left over 50 whites and hundreds of Blacks dead. Turner was convicted and executed. (more…)
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here