*President Barack Obama will return to Los Angeles on Monday, Oct. 24 for a fundraiser specifically soliciting Latino support, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
No location has been set for the event, but save-the-date invitations will go out to potential donors shortly, the site reported. Among the co-hosts are news anchor Giselle Fernandez and attorney Manny Sanchez.
The event is being organized by the Futuro Fund, a group of Hispanic Obama supporters from across the country. Donations to attend the gala range from $1,250 to $35,800.
Most of Los Angeles’ and California’s Latino elected officials, including Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and labor leaders entered the last election cycle as Hilary Clinton supporters, but enthusiastically campaigned for Obama in the general election, where Latino voters played a key role in swinging previously red states into the Democratic column.
With the president’s campaign strategists anticipating a razor-thin contest in 2012, the Latino vote again looms large, particularly in key Southwestern states like Texas, Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada, where it can be the difference between victory and defeat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here