*President Barack Obama will return to Los Angeles on Monday, Oct. 24 for a fundraiser specifically soliciting Latino support, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
No location has been set for the event, but save-the-date invitations will go out to potential donors shortly, the site reported. Among the co-hosts are news anchor Giselle Fernandez and attorney Manny Sanchez.
The event is being organized by the Futuro Fund, a group of Hispanic Obama supporters from across the country. Donations to attend the gala range from $1,250 to $35,800.
Most of Los Angeles’ and California’s Latino elected officials, including Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and labor leaders entered the last election cycle as Hilary Clinton supporters, but enthusiastically campaigned for Obama in the general election, where Latino voters played a key role in swinging previously red states into the Democratic column.
With the president’s campaign strategists anticipating a razor-thin contest in 2012, the Latino vote again looms large, particularly in key Southwestern states like Texas, Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada, where it can be the difference between victory and defeat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here