*President Barack Obama will return to Los Angeles on Monday, Oct. 24 for a fundraiser specifically soliciting Latino support, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
No location has been set for the event, but save-the-date invitations will go out to potential donors shortly, the site reported. Among the co-hosts are news anchor Giselle Fernandez and attorney Manny Sanchez.
The event is being organized by the Futuro Fund, a group of Hispanic Obama supporters from across the country. Donations to attend the gala range from $1,250 to $35,800.
Most of Los Angeles’ and California’s Latino elected officials, including Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and labor leaders entered the last election cycle as Hilary Clinton supporters, but enthusiastically campaigned for Obama in the general election, where Latino voters played a key role in swinging previously red states into the Democratic column.
With the president’s campaign strategists anticipating a razor-thin contest in 2012, the Latino vote again looms large, particularly in key Southwestern states like Texas, Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada, where it can be the difference between victory and defeat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Azealia Banks Advises Beyonce to 'Stay Under Jay-z’s Foot'
- Man Who Read Book at Beyonce Concert Explains; Reveals Title
- Video of Prince’s Emergency Landing in Illinois Released (Watch)
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers, Grace Gealey Share Honeymoon Pics from Europe
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here