*Oprah Winfrey will conduct another interview with designer Ralph Lauren Monday night, continuing a discussion they started on TV back in the spring, when the fashion designer helped close out Winfrey’s long-running talk show with an exclusive peek inside his Colorado estate.
This time, their talk about Lauren’s life, career and commitment to cancer causes will be done in front of a sold-out crowd of arts patrons at Lincoln Center and a celebrity guest list expected to include Jerry Seinfeld, Martha Stewart, Tom Brokaw, Naomi Watts and Anna Wintour, reports the Associated Press.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Lauren’s cancer care center in East Harlem, along with Lincoln Center itself.
Produced by Tony Award winner Darren Bagert, the multimedia presentation reinforces the Upper West Side venue as a fashion-industry destination. It’s where most of the city’s designers — although not Lauren — present their seasonal collections at New York Fashion Week.
Meanwhile, Mayor Michael Bloomberg declared Monday as The Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention Day.
Winfrey was expected to wear a custom-made gown by Lauren.
Back in May, Lauren told Winfrey during their televised interview that he considered becoming a baseball player, a basketball player, a cowboy, a dancer — even Batman — before settling on fashion as his livelihood. He said he was drawn to Batman because of “the ability to stay young, the ability to enjoy what you enjoyed when you were a kid, not to give up the hope and excitement.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here