*Kanye West on Monday became the latest in a string of celebrities who have attended the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York.
Rap mogul Russell Simmons was also there – as a guest on Reverend Al Sharpton’s radio show, which the MSNBC primetime host was broadcasting live from the park.
Simmons tweeted Monday afternoon that he “walked @kanyewest thru the #occupywallstreet. I love how sweet and tolerant he was to the crowd.” Simmons’s tweeted photos of the rapper walking with an escort through the masses of protesters, one of whom shouted, “There are no celebrities, just people,” according to DNAinfo.com.
Celebs Penn Badgley, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and Michael Moore have also made appearances to support the cause.
Simmons addressed the anti-celeb stand with the following tweet regarding Kanye: “His presence matters. #occupywallstreet. ‘Celebrity [sic] have no real value except to use it to help others.’”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here