*Kanye West on Monday became the latest in a string of celebrities who have attended the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York.
Rap mogul Russell Simmons was also there – as a guest on Reverend Al Sharpton’s radio show, which the MSNBC primetime host was broadcasting live from the park.
Simmons tweeted Monday afternoon that he “walked @kanyewest thru the #occupywallstreet. I love how sweet and tolerant he was to the crowd.” Simmons’s tweeted photos of the rapper walking with an escort through the masses of protesters, one of whom shouted, “There are no celebrities, just people,” according to DNAinfo.com.
Celebs Penn Badgley, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and Michael Moore have also made appearances to support the cause.
Simmons addressed the anti-celeb stand with the following tweet regarding Kanye: “His presence matters. #occupywallstreet. ‘Celebrity [sic] have no real value except to use it to help others.’”
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here