*Kanye West on Monday became the latest in a string of celebrities who have attended the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York.
Rap mogul Russell Simmons was also there – as a guest on Reverend Al Sharpton’s radio show, which the MSNBC primetime host was broadcasting live from the park.
Simmons tweeted Monday afternoon that he “walked @kanyewest thru the #occupywallstreet. I love how sweet and tolerant he was to the crowd.” Simmons’s tweeted photos of the rapper walking with an escort through the masses of protesters, one of whom shouted, “There are no celebrities, just people,” according to DNAinfo.com.
Celebs Penn Badgley, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and Michael Moore have also made appearances to support the cause.
Simmons addressed the anti-celeb stand with the following tweet regarding Kanye: “His presence matters. #occupywallstreet. ‘Celebrity [sic] have no real value except to use it to help others.’”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Secret Chapter 13 Filing Puts Tyga in Bankrupt Mode
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here