*Kanye West on Monday became the latest in a string of celebrities who have attended the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York.
Rap mogul Russell Simmons was also there – as a guest on Reverend Al Sharpton’s radio show, which the MSNBC primetime host was broadcasting live from the park.
Simmons tweeted Monday afternoon that he “walked @kanyewest thru the #occupywallstreet. I love how sweet and tolerant he was to the crowd.” Simmons’s tweeted photos of the rapper walking with an escort through the masses of protesters, one of whom shouted, “There are no celebrities, just people,” according to DNAinfo.com.
Celebs Penn Badgley, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and Michael Moore have also made appearances to support the cause.
Simmons addressed the anti-celeb stand with the following tweet regarding Kanye: “His presence matters. #occupywallstreet. ‘Celebrity [sic] have no real value except to use it to help others.’”
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Crazy Mom who Killed Her Kids: 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here