*Kanye West on Monday became the latest in a string of celebrities who have attended the Occupy Wall Street protests in New York.
Rap mogul Russell Simmons was also there – as a guest on Reverend Al Sharpton’s radio show, which the MSNBC primetime host was broadcasting live from the park.
Simmons tweeted Monday afternoon that he “walked @kanyewest thru the #occupywallstreet. I love how sweet and tolerant he was to the crowd.” Simmons’s tweeted photos of the rapper walking with an escort through the masses of protesters, one of whom shouted, “There are no celebrities, just people,” according to DNAinfo.com.
Celebs Penn Badgley, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and Michael Moore have also made appearances to support the cause.
Simmons addressed the anti-celeb stand with the following tweet regarding Kanye: “His presence matters. #occupywallstreet. ‘Celebrity [sic] have no real value except to use it to help others.’”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here