*TV Land has ordered a pilot of the proposed “Hot In Cleveland” spinoff starring Cedric the Entertainer, which puts the project one step closer to becoming a reality.
The potential spinoff follows Cedric’s character Reverend Boyce as he moves to Cedric’s hometown of St. Louis and has to balance his wild past with the expectations of his congregation and his family.
Cedric’s character was introduced on an August episode that had been perceived as a backdoor pilot for a potential spinoff series, reports Deadlinelcom. Now the project also is going through a traditional pilot process.
“Cleveland” creator Suzanne Martin and Cedric wrote the pilot and are executive producing with Hazy Mills’ Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner, who also executive produce “Hot In Cleveland.” Production is slated to begin on Dec. 2.
Below, Ced gives more details about the spinoff on Wendy Williams, and also reveals he’s been courted for “Dancing With the Stars.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here