*TV Land has ordered a pilot of the proposed “Hot In Cleveland” spinoff starring Cedric the Entertainer, which puts the project one step closer to becoming a reality.
The potential spinoff follows Cedric’s character Reverend Boyce as he moves to Cedric’s hometown of St. Louis and has to balance his wild past with the expectations of his congregation and his family.
Cedric’s character was introduced on an August episode that had been perceived as a backdoor pilot for a potential spinoff series, reports Deadlinelcom. Now the project also is going through a traditional pilot process.
“Cleveland” creator Suzanne Martin and Cedric wrote the pilot and are executive producing with Hazy Mills’ Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner, who also executive produce “Hot In Cleveland.” Production is slated to begin on Dec. 2.
Below, Ced gives more details about the spinoff on Wendy Williams, and also reveals he’s been courted for “Dancing With the Stars.”
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here