*TMZ is reporting that Rick Ross lost consciousness on a flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Memphis today, forcing the plane to make an emergency landing.
The rapper reportedly fell unconscious immediately after takeoff and paramedics had to resuscitate him, reports TMZ.
Emergency workers reported a seizure at around 12:55 PM EST, and Ross’ plane was forced to make an emergency landing. Ross was reported to be on a gurney, with EMT workers administering CPR.
Wale, who is part of Ross’ Maybach Music Group, posted on Twitter at 1:41 PM, “I just talked to Ross…he’s 100 pct ok…@tmz #dontpanic #dontpanic #mmg !!!!” DJ Sam Sneaker also posted on Twitter, “I’m wit @rickyrozy now he good…”
Ross was heading to Memphis to open a Wingstop restaurant, the first in a planned chain of flavored wings eateries. “It’s time for us to make it happen in Memphis,” Ross said in an earlier statement. “With Wingstop, we are bringing in the food I like and adding jobs to the community. It’s a double win.”
“God Forgives, I Don’t,” Ross’ fifth studio album, is expected to be released Dec. 13. The rapper released two singles from the new full-length, the Just Blaze-produced “I Love My Bitches” and “You The Boss” featuring Nicki Minaj, last week.
Ross was also scheduled to perform Friday at a free “Memphis Madness” event kicking off the University of Memphis’ basketball team’s first official practice of the 2011-12 season.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here