*On Saturday October 8, 2011, at 4:55 p.m. there was a loud knock on the door at Jameel Perry’s home in Henderson, Nevada. The knocking was so loud Jameel came out of his room running to see who it was at the door. Cautiously, he peeked around the corner looking scared and confused.
On the other side of the door standing tall and strong were the Henderson Fire Department officers. When JR Perry, Jameel’s father answered the door, one of the officers asked for Mr. Jameel Perry. When he heard they were there just for him, Jameel ran to the door with his hair in disarray and wearing only his underwear and tee shirt and said to the officers “You’re here just for me?” and they replied “Yes, we are for you Jameel Perry.” At that point, he was so excited and in such a rush to get on the fire truck that was parked outside of his house, he forgot that he was wearing only his underwear.
Jameel’s eyes were such a glow, he could have replaced a light bulb. What an incredible act of love and a real show of compassion. A “great job” shout out to the Fire Department in the city of Henderson Nevada.
Jameel has been fighting a long and hard battle with sickle cell anemia all of his life being in pain and suffering in several hospitals. He had over 45 hospital trips in one year back in Detroit Michigan when he was 5years old. At the age of 9 years old Jameel suffered a major stroke. Since then, his life depends on blood transfusions every three weeks for the rest of his life. This is currently being administered at St. Rose (Siena), an extraordinary Hospital for sickle cell patients as well as various other medical matters.
After being fully briefed on what a fireman’s job is and has been taken on his first fire truck hands on tour, Jameel Perry wants to be a fireman. That’s all he talks about and he says they have the top of the line high tech state of the art fire trucks, the best on this earth. It is a must see tour for all ages, it was totally amazing.
This is a true sign of a real community love coming from good people with good hearts at the Henderson Fire Dept station #94. They brought so much joy to the heart of a 12 year old child that battles a very painful disease, sickle cell anemia which is rarely mentioned or talked about.
We are so glad that the city of Henderson has unity for the community and this visit to Jameel Perry was the prime example of the city with unconditional support and compassion.
Jameel and his Father tip there hats to the City of Henderson for showing Jameel this unconditional love. Breaking news coming soon, a new fire man to be, Jameel Perry.
much – HFDGEOGRAPHIC REGIONS OF SICKLE CELL AMEMIA
sickle cell disease is related to malaria, not skin color. Sickle cell is found more frequently in persons of India, Greeks heritage-Turkey, and Italy heritage Italian Sicilian , Saudi Arabs heritage hispanic heritage African heritage Southeast Asian heritage
white people have been diagnosed with sickle cell. It was caused by a random mutation with a large number over 500 million people worldwide is affected by sickle cell anemia the oldest inherited disease in the world. King Tutankhamun died from sickle cell disease back in 13 BC
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Bay Area Man Finds Twenty Dollars and Uses it to Win $1 Million!
- Health: Is Your Pee Trying to Tell You Something?
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here