*The original “Soul Food” series ran on Showtime from 2000 to 2004 and it might be returning to Fox.
Based on the 1997 same name film, the show focused on the constant struggles and trials of a Black family in Chicago after the matriarch of the family passed away.
In its early stages of development, Fox is looking to bring new life to the series and bring in a new generation of television watchers.
The move is in step with a growing trend in the TV industry. Slowly but surly more mainstream networks, that were reluctant in the past, are now making way for more Black centered shows.
As far as the new “Soul Food” is concerned, the cast, plot, and debut date all remain a mystery.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here