*The original “Soul Food” series ran on Showtime from 2000 to 2004 and it might be returning to Fox.
Based on the 1997 same name film, the show focused on the constant struggles and trials of a Black family in Chicago after the matriarch of the family passed away.
In its early stages of development, Fox is looking to bring new life to the series and bring in a new generation of television watchers.
The move is in step with a growing trend in the TV industry. Slowly but surly more mainstream networks, that were reluctant in the past, are now making way for more Black centered shows.
As far as the new “Soul Food” is concerned, the cast, plot, and debut date all remain a mystery.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here