*Ten NBC owned TV stations have picked up Steve Harvey’s new syndicated talk show for a fall 2012 launch, it was announced Thursday by Barry Wallach, president of NBC Universal Domestic TV Distribution.
Winning a daytime slot on the NBC stations is expected to ensure the show will get a national launch, notes the Hollywood Reporter.
“Steve Harvey,” produced by Endemol USA, will be an hourlong show that focuses on relationship themes, with Harvey bringing his comedy and common sense to such topics as romance, marriage, parenting, friendship and the workplace.
“Steve Harvey is a phenomenal broadcaster who will deliver his unique comedic approach to daytime talk,“ said Wallach. “Steve appeals to a wide cross section of daytime viewers making him a great fit for the day part.”
Harvey is an executive producer along with Rushion McDonald. The show is distributed in broadcast syndication by NBC Universal Domestic TV Distribution.
The 10 NBC stations include WNBC New York, KNBC Los Angeles, WMAQ Chicago, WCAU Philadelphia, KNTV San Francisco, KXAS Dallas Fort-Worth, WRC Washington DC, WTVJ Miami, KNSD San Diego and WVIT Hartford.
Harvey has hosted the syndicated game show “Family Feud” for the past year. According to NBC, during that time the show has increased by over one million viewers a day, including a 47% jump in women 18-49 and 55% increase in women 25-54. He has continued growing the audience this season, up another 63% among women18 to 54, according to NBC.
Harvey also has been host of a daily syndicated radio show since 2000, The Steve Harvey Morning Show, which NBC said has over 7 million weekly listeners and is the #1 nationally syndicated morning show in the top 25 markets among key demos. He has also written two books for Harper Collins that have sold over 3 million copies worldwide, both of which debuted on the New York Times best seller list. His book Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man is being developed by Sony’s Screen Gems for a feature with a projected 2012 release date.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here