*The fat lady is singing for “Memphis Beat.”
TNT announced Friday that it had canceled the series after just two seasons. Jason Lee starred as Dwight Hendricks, a Memphis police detective and music enthusiast whose laid-back demeanor rankles his boss, straight-laced Lt. Tanya Rice played by Alfre Woodard.
George Clooney served as one of the series’ executive producers.
“The network thanks everyone involved in the production of ‘Memphis Beat’ for their work on the series, including the great cast and crew,” it said in a statement. “TNT wishes everyone the best.”
“Memphis Beat” is the latest in a string of cancellations for TNT, which in recent months has axed Andre Braugher’s “Men of a Certain Age” and Jada Pinkett Smith’s “Hawthorne.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here