*The fat lady is singing for “Memphis Beat.”
TNT announced Friday that it had canceled the series after just two seasons. Jason Lee starred as Dwight Hendricks, a Memphis police detective and music enthusiast whose laid-back demeanor rankles his boss, straight-laced Lt. Tanya Rice played by Alfre Woodard.
George Clooney served as one of the series’ executive producers.
“The network thanks everyone involved in the production of ‘Memphis Beat’ for their work on the series, including the great cast and crew,” it said in a statement. “TNT wishes everyone the best.”
“Memphis Beat” is the latest in a string of cancellations for TNT, which in recent months has axed Andre Braugher’s “Men of a Certain Age” and Jada Pinkett Smith’s “Hawthorne.”
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here