*The fat lady is singing for “Memphis Beat.”
TNT announced Friday that it had canceled the series after just two seasons. Jason Lee starred as Dwight Hendricks, a Memphis police detective and music enthusiast whose laid-back demeanor rankles his boss, straight-laced Lt. Tanya Rice played by Alfre Woodard.
George Clooney served as one of the series’ executive producers.
“The network thanks everyone involved in the production of ‘Memphis Beat’ for their work on the series, including the great cast and crew,” it said in a statement. “TNT wishes everyone the best.”
“Memphis Beat” is the latest in a string of cancellations for TNT, which in recent months has axed Andre Braugher’s “Men of a Certain Age” and Jada Pinkett Smith’s “Hawthorne.”
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here