*The fat lady is singing for “Memphis Beat.”
TNT announced Friday that it had canceled the series after just two seasons. Jason Lee starred as Dwight Hendricks, a Memphis police detective and music enthusiast whose laid-back demeanor rankles his boss, straight-laced Lt. Tanya Rice played by Alfre Woodard.
George Clooney served as one of the series’ executive producers.
“The network thanks everyone involved in the production of ‘Memphis Beat’ for their work on the series, including the great cast and crew,” it said in a statement. “TNT wishes everyone the best.”
“Memphis Beat” is the latest in a string of cancellations for TNT, which in recent months has axed Andre Braugher’s “Men of a Certain Age” and Jada Pinkett Smith’s “Hawthorne.”
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here