*The fat lady is singing for “Memphis Beat.”
TNT announced Friday that it had canceled the series after just two seasons. Jason Lee starred as Dwight Hendricks, a Memphis police detective and music enthusiast whose laid-back demeanor rankles his boss, straight-laced Lt. Tanya Rice played by Alfre Woodard.
George Clooney served as one of the series’ executive producers.
“The network thanks everyone involved in the production of ‘Memphis Beat’ for their work on the series, including the great cast and crew,” it said in a statement. “TNT wishes everyone the best.”
“Memphis Beat” is the latest in a string of cancellations for TNT, which in recent months has axed Andre Braugher’s “Men of a Certain Age” and Jada Pinkett Smith’s “Hawthorne.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here