*CNS News reports that coed dorm rooms could be a reality for some UCLA students as soon as next year — but don’t expect campus housing to turn into “Real World UCLA” with strangers of different genders being thrown into the same living situation.
The move is intended to better accommodate transgender students, as some other universities already have, including UC Berkeley and Stanford University, said Office of Residential Life director Suzanne Seplow.
“Given that most of our housing systems are structured under the concept of a binary gender — that there’s male or female — for folks that don’t fit into those categories, finding housing is challenging,” said Seplow.
Seplow stressed that UCLA students would never be forced to room with a student of the opposite gender.
Read the full story here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here