*CNS News reports that coed dorm rooms could be a reality for some UCLA students as soon as next year — but don’t expect campus housing to turn into “Real World UCLA” with strangers of different genders being thrown into the same living situation.
The move is intended to better accommodate transgender students, as some other universities already have, including UC Berkeley and Stanford University, said Office of Residential Life director Suzanne Seplow.
“Given that most of our housing systems are structured under the concept of a binary gender — that there’s male or female — for folks that don’t fit into those categories, finding housing is challenging,” said Seplow.
Seplow stressed that UCLA students would never be forced to room with a student of the opposite gender.
Read the full story here.
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here