*CNS News reports that coed dorm rooms could be a reality for some UCLA students as soon as next year — but don’t expect campus housing to turn into “Real World UCLA” with strangers of different genders being thrown into the same living situation.
The move is intended to better accommodate transgender students, as some other universities already have, including UC Berkeley and Stanford University, said Office of Residential Life director Suzanne Seplow.
“Given that most of our housing systems are structured under the concept of a binary gender — that there’s male or female — for folks that don’t fit into those categories, finding housing is challenging,” said Seplow.
Seplow stressed that UCLA students would never be forced to room with a student of the opposite gender.
Read the full story here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here