*The tag team of Prof. Cornel West and Tavis Smiley can’t seem to catch a break.
The two activists/ intellectuals again had to bear the brunt of someone else’s criticism after they made some interesting comments about GOP hopeful, Herman Cain.
The latest of the criticism comes from Fox News commentator Juan Williams while appearing on “The Five.”
He agreed with co-host Greg Gutfeld that West and Smiley disagree with Cain because he does not feel the need to focus on race for the rest of his life. In short, he believes the duo are threatened by Cain.
“Right on, brother,” Williams said to Gutfeld. “And I’ll tell you why I say ‘right on.’ Because West, Tavis Smiley, those guys are threatened by the success of Herman Cain. And I think that they feel that anybody who doesn’t buy into all the racism charges that they’re constantly — you know, in their world, President Obama doesn’t exist. You know, these are the same people who criticize Obama for not being sufficient. So imagine the way they feel … When Herman Cain says that he can win a third of the black vote, that blows them out.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here