*The tag team of Prof. Cornel West and Tavis Smiley can’t seem to catch a break.
The two activists/ intellectuals again had to bear the brunt of someone else’s criticism after they made some interesting comments about GOP hopeful, Herman Cain.
The latest of the criticism comes from Fox News commentator Juan Williams while appearing on “The Five.”
He agreed with co-host Greg Gutfeld that West and Smiley disagree with Cain because he does not feel the need to focus on race for the rest of his life. In short, he believes the duo are threatened by Cain.
“Right on, brother,” Williams said to Gutfeld. “And I’ll tell you why I say ‘right on.’ Because West, Tavis Smiley, those guys are threatened by the success of Herman Cain. And I think that they feel that anybody who doesn’t buy into all the racism charges that they’re constantly — you know, in their world, President Obama doesn’t exist. You know, these are the same people who criticize Obama for not being sufficient. So imagine the way they feel … When Herman Cain says that he can win a third of the black vote, that blows them out.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here