*The tag team of Prof. Cornel West and Tavis Smiley can’t seem to catch a break.
The two activists/ intellectuals again had to bear the brunt of someone else’s criticism after they made some interesting comments about GOP hopeful, Herman Cain.
The latest of the criticism comes from Fox News commentator Juan Williams while appearing on “The Five.”
He agreed with co-host Greg Gutfeld that West and Smiley disagree with Cain because he does not feel the need to focus on race for the rest of his life. In short, he believes the duo are threatened by Cain.
“Right on, brother,” Williams said to Gutfeld. “And I’ll tell you why I say ‘right on.’ Because West, Tavis Smiley, those guys are threatened by the success of Herman Cain. And I think that they feel that anybody who doesn’t buy into all the racism charges that they’re constantly — you know, in their world, President Obama doesn’t exist. You know, these are the same people who criticize Obama for not being sufficient. So imagine the way they feel … When Herman Cain says that he can win a third of the black vote, that blows them out.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here