*The tag team of Prof. Cornel West and Tavis Smiley can’t seem to catch a break.
The two activists/ intellectuals again had to bear the brunt of someone else’s criticism after they made some interesting comments about GOP hopeful, Herman Cain.
The latest of the criticism comes from Fox News commentator Juan Williams while appearing on “The Five.”
He agreed with co-host Greg Gutfeld that West and Smiley disagree with Cain because he does not feel the need to focus on race for the rest of his life. In short, he believes the duo are threatened by Cain.
“Right on, brother,” Williams said to Gutfeld. “And I’ll tell you why I say ‘right on.’ Because West, Tavis Smiley, those guys are threatened by the success of Herman Cain. And I think that they feel that anybody who doesn’t buy into all the racism charges that they’re constantly — you know, in their world, President Obama doesn’t exist. You know, these are the same people who criticize Obama for not being sufficient. So imagine the way they feel … When Herman Cain says that he can win a third of the black vote, that blows them out.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here