LL Cool J said he’s not all that impressed with what’s being dished out today.
“Right now, there isn’t really anything that has my attention like that to be honest with you,” he told MTV. “There’s nothing that-I’m not like shivering in my seat.”
But he’s not writing off everyone with his sweeping statement. He did give props where they were due, mentioning Drake’s “I’m on One” as a song he likes.
Although he doesn’t believe there’s any momentous music worth spotlighting alone, he did have some positive comments for artists like Soulja Boy, Rick Ross and other popular Hip Hoppers of today.
Regardless, LL says the foundation is what is most relevant in Hip Hop.
“It’s pretty obvious that what Dr. Dre and NWA did for gangsta rap music I did for romantic music and music with females. I basically started a section of a genre and created it and put it out there and now lots of people are doing it. I think it’s great. It’s better than downing them and telling [females] they ain’t nothing,” he said.
Get More: Music News
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here