LL Cool J said he’s not all that impressed with what’s being dished out today.
“Right now, there isn’t really anything that has my attention like that to be honest with you,” he told MTV. “There’s nothing that-I’m not like shivering in my seat.”
But he’s not writing off everyone with his sweeping statement. He did give props where they were due, mentioning Drake’s “I’m on One” as a song he likes.
Although he doesn’t believe there’s any momentous music worth spotlighting alone, he did have some positive comments for artists like Soulja Boy, Rick Ross and other popular Hip Hoppers of today.
Regardless, LL says the foundation is what is most relevant in Hip Hop.
“It’s pretty obvious that what Dr. Dre and NWA did for gangsta rap music I did for romantic music and music with females. I basically started a section of a genre and created it and put it out there and now lots of people are doing it. I think it’s great. It’s better than downing them and telling [females] they ain’t nothing,” he said.
Get More: Music News
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Larry Wilmore Doesn't Expect to be 'Invited Back' to WHCD
- April Jobs Report: Only 160,000 Positions Added
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here