LL Cool J said he’s not all that impressed with what’s being dished out today.
“Right now, there isn’t really anything that has my attention like that to be honest with you,” he told MTV. “There’s nothing that-I’m not like shivering in my seat.”
But he’s not writing off everyone with his sweeping statement. He did give props where they were due, mentioning Drake’s “I’m on One” as a song he likes.
Although he doesn’t believe there’s any momentous music worth spotlighting alone, he did have some positive comments for artists like Soulja Boy, Rick Ross and other popular Hip Hoppers of today.
Regardless, LL says the foundation is what is most relevant in Hip Hop.
“It’s pretty obvious that what Dr. Dre and NWA did for gangsta rap music I did for romantic music and music with females. I basically started a section of a genre and created it and put it out there and now lots of people are doing it. I think it’s great. It’s better than downing them and telling [females] they ain’t nothing,” he said.
Get More: Music News
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here