LL Cool J said he’s not all that impressed with what’s being dished out today.
“Right now, there isn’t really anything that has my attention like that to be honest with you,” he told MTV. “There’s nothing that-I’m not like shivering in my seat.”
But he’s not writing off everyone with his sweeping statement. He did give props where they were due, mentioning Drake’s “I’m on One” as a song he likes.
Although he doesn’t believe there’s any momentous music worth spotlighting alone, he did have some positive comments for artists like Soulja Boy, Rick Ross and other popular Hip Hoppers of today.
Regardless, LL says the foundation is what is most relevant in Hip Hop.
“It’s pretty obvious that what Dr. Dre and NWA did for gangsta rap music I did for romantic music and music with females. I basically started a section of a genre and created it and put it out there and now lots of people are doing it. I think it’s great. It’s better than downing them and telling [females] they ain’t nothing,” he said.
Get More: Music News
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Olatunde Osunsanmi Tackles Science Behind Fiction With Hollywood TV & Film Successes
- *The Napa Valley Wine Train Ladies Visit 'The Real' (WATCH)
- Black Owned Beauty Supply Outlet Replaces Destroyed Korean Owned Store in Ferguson
- THE (10-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bessie Smith's Estate 'Thrilled' Over Four Emmy Wins for 'Bessie'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here