*Speaking to gay advocacy organization Human Rights Campaign over the weekend, President Barack Obama told the audience about his run-in with 25-year-old pop sensation and gay rights advocate Lady Gaga last week during a Bay Area campaign fundraiser.
“I appreciate the chance to join you tonight. I also took a trip out to California last week, where I held some productive bilateral talks with your leader, Lady Gaga,” the president said of the Grammy Award winner.
According to The Daily Caller, Obama appeared “puzzled and uneasy by Lady Gaga’s outfit” for last week’s fundraiser. Citing a White House pool report, the outlet reported that Gaga had on “sky-high heels (she towered over everyone, a good 2 feet taller than POTUS)…[and] a floor-length sleeveless lacy black dress.”
“She was wearing 16-inch heels,” Obama said of Gaga’s style choice for the presidential gathering. “She was eight feet tall. It was a little intimidating.”
The pool report added that the “Monster” singer sported a bouffant hair up-do “with a black hair piece with a black veil down the back.”
A known anti-bullying spokesperson and gay rights activist, Lady Gaga showed up to Obama’s $35,800 fundraiser last week to lobby for anti-bullying policies and enforcement. Earlier this month, Lady Gaga took to Twitter to express her devastation over the suicide of gay Buffalo teen Jamey Rodemeyer, who ended his life in the aftermath of relentless school bullying.
“Jamey Rodemeyer, 14 yrs old, took his life because of bullying,” Lady Gaga tweeted two weeks ago. “Bullying must become illegal. It is a hate crime.”
Lady Gaga went on to say she intended to meet with Obama about the issue.
“I am meeting with our President,” Lady Gaga tweeted. “This must end. Our generation has the power to end it. Trend it #MakeALawForJamey.”
Watch the president’s entire speech to the Human Rights Campaign below:
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here