*President Obama discussed Gadaffi, Iraq and the GOP presidential field with Jay Leno Tuesday night — but he also chatted about chicken and waffles, the Kardashians and gray hair during his fourth visit (and 2nd as president) to NBC’s “The Tonight Show.” [Scroll down to watch.]
“This is somebody who, for 40 years, has terrorized his country and supported terrorism. And he had an opportunity during the Arab spring to finally let loose of his grip on power and to peacefully transition into democracy.
“We gave him ample opportunity, and he wouldn’t do it. And, obviously, you never like to see anybody come to the kind of end that he did, but I think it obviously sends a strong message around the world to dictators that… people long to be free, and they need to respect the human rights and the universal aspirations of people.”
Obama told Leno “you never like to see anybody come to the kind of end” that Muammar Gaddafi did, but that his death sends a message to other dictators.
POTUS also said he isn’t paying attention to the GOP debates this early in the election cycle. “I’m going to wait until everybody is voted off the island before –” he joked, trailing off before finishing the thought. “Once they narrow it down to one or two, I’ll start paying attention.”
He also chatted with Leno about Republican opposition to the U.S. withdrawal from Iraq, and about what Michelle Obama is giving trick-or-treaters for Halloween.
As for his headline-making visit to Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffle, his view of The Kardashians, Michelle’s view of Halloween candy and more, watch below. [Scroll down to watch Obama’s entire appearance.]
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here