Yes, the socialite has a little bit of talent, to the surprise of many.
Young blessed the cover page of the Los Angeles Times a while back after announcing that he was selling his tremendous and ridiculous 22 bedroom mansion called “Youngwood Court” aka “The House of Davids.”
He left his home to pursue his passion of singing and performing without being caged in his meager fortress.
His music career began when he was but a sweet 16-year-old boy. He signed a record deal with Philly World Records and later appeared on then popular television talent show, “Star Search.” (Scroll down to watch.)
But he was no one-hit wonder. He actually successfully toured and won fans all over the globe. He also sang lead with Jazz band, “Pieces of a Dream.”
“I always wanted to be known for my music, but somehow my house became the ‘real celebrity,’ and I then grew jealous and resentful of my own home,” Young said.
He continued, “Although I have few regrets in life, I pray that this concert will shift the focus to the beginning of my new era, my true purpose, the message, entertainment, and my music.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here