*CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta recently sat down with TLC’s Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins to discuss her struggle with sickle cell anemia and her recent brain tumor.
Since childhood, she suffered from sickle cell anemia and was told that she wouldn’t live past 30. Told that she wouldn’t be able to have children and would be disabled, Watkins, 39, has a 9-year-old daughter.
She had seemingly beaten the odds. But three years ago, her doctor delivered news she never imagined: she was told she had a brain tumor.
The tumor was benign, but because of her sickle cell disease, surgery was risky. Watkins could lose everything a performer needs: hearing, balance, facial movement, and speech.
Watch the interview before:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Dez Bryant Salutes Spelling Bee Co-Champ Who Threw His ‘X’ Sign
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Why Millions Would Join a Gorilla’s Lives Matter but Not Black Lives Matter
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here