*CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta recently sat down with TLC’s Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins to discuss her struggle with sickle cell anemia and her recent brain tumor.
Since childhood, she suffered from sickle cell anemia and was told that she wouldn’t live past 30. Told that she wouldn’t be able to have children and would be disabled, Watkins, 39, has a 9-year-old daughter.
She had seemingly beaten the odds. But three years ago, her doctor delivered news she never imagined: she was told she had a brain tumor.
The tumor was benign, but because of her sickle cell disease, surgery was risky. Watkins could lose everything a performer needs: hearing, balance, facial movement, and speech.
Watch the interview before:
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here