*CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta recently sat down with TLC’s Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins to discuss her struggle with sickle cell anemia and her recent brain tumor.
Since childhood, she suffered from sickle cell anemia and was told that she wouldn’t live past 30. Told that she wouldn’t be able to have children and would be disabled, Watkins, 39, has a 9-year-old daughter.
She had seemingly beaten the odds. But three years ago, her doctor delivered news she never imagined: she was told she had a brain tumor.
The tumor was benign, but because of her sickle cell disease, surgery was risky. Watkins could lose everything a performer needs: hearing, balance, facial movement, and speech.
Watch the interview before:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- St. Louis Rams Receiver Stedman Baily Shot Twice in the Head
- Yuck Factor :( Guess Where This Woman Got the Yeast to Make Sourdough Bread?
- Will Smith on 20 Year Marriage to Jada: 'Grueling, Excruciating' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here