*T.I. is “on his NY sh**” today — which is how he describes his full day of New York press to promote his new novel “Power & Beauty A Love Story of Life on the Streets.”
The first stop was a visit to Howard Stern’s satellite radio show, where he gave details about a prison fight he had at Forest City Correctional facility in Arkansas. He told Stern that the fight took place in the bathroom.
Howard Stern asked: “And, like, a whole bunch of brothers standing around watching the fight? Puttin’ money down on it and everything?”
“Yeah,” said T.I. “Guys from this side, guys from that side.”
After appearing next on the radio show “Opie & Anthony,” T.I. stopped by “The View,” where Barbara Walters and company grilled him on his “drug use,” citing the ecstasy possession that landed him back in jail for 11 months following an initial stint for gun possession.
“I’ve accepted that in order to have a different result, you have to take a different approach,” he said of his knack for getting into trouble.
“I understand why people are so critical of me, and I accept that. Nobody is tougher on me than I am on myself. And I’m not trying to make excuses and I accept responsibility for everything that I’ve done.
“People say, ‘Well how can he just make that mistake again and again?’ I think that they don’t take into consideration how long, prior to me being T.I., how long that I had been living the life I’d been living, since I was about 14, 15, 16 years old, and I’m 31 now.
“I broke the habit, I think it was more recreational than anything else, and it’s just a discipline factor.”
Watch T.I. on Howard Stern below:
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here