*Ebony has released a promo clip for its new cover featuring a nude, pregnant Nia Long. [Click here to watch.]
In the cover story, Nia said a doctor’s visit left her with little hope of having children with boyfriend Ime Udoka, leaving faith as her only alternative.
“I honestly asked God for this,” Long, 40, says in the magazine‘s November issue. “I remember I was driving home from the doctor, and I called Ime, and I was like, ‘Babe, I’m really kind of sad right now … the doctor actually said if I wanted to have more children, it would be hard.’”
Despite the unsettling news, however, Long — already mom to son Massai, 11 — and Udoka, a professional basketball player, remained hopeful about expanding their family.
“The next time [Ime] came to visit, he said, ‘I don’t believe that.’ I said, ‘You don’t?’ He said, ‘No.’ And I said, ‘Good, me neither,’” she recalls. “Then I got pregnant.”
Due with her second child this fall, Long feels women should make the ultimate decision on when — or if — to have children.
“The medical [profession] tries to tell every woman, ‘Have your babies before 40 because you shouldn’t have children after 40,’” she says. “Society tells us, ‘Get married before 30, because no man wants a woman after 30.’”
But according to the expectant mother, the best things in life are worth waiting for.
“You are not half the woman you’re gonna be until you turn 30. You’re not even half of that woman yet,” Long explains. “So I think if we’d just take our time as women, and do what comes natural to us and for us, we would make fewer mistakes.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jay Z's Drug Dealer Past Thrown at Beyonce by TV Host Tomi Lahren
- Former Atlanta Vice Mayor Lisa Borders Named New WNBA President
- Does Bernie Sanders Meeting Al Sharpton Equal More Black Voter Support?
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here