*Thanks to her co-star in “The Help,” news of Viola Davis adopting a baby was revealed before the actress herself could make the announcement.
During a speech honoring Davis at an ELLE Women in Hollywood event sponsored by Calvin Klein and L’Oreal Paris in Los Angeles Monday, Spencer revealed that the Academy Award-nominated actress became a mom “like, two days ago.”
In her own speech later, Davis, 46, confirmed the new addition, a boy named Genesis.
Davis and her husband, actor Julian Tennon, announced in August that they were planning to adopt. This is the first child for the couple.
Tennon has two children from previous relationships.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here