*Thanks to her co-star in “The Help,” news of Viola Davis adopting a baby was revealed before the actress herself could make the announcement.
During a speech honoring Davis at an ELLE Women in Hollywood event sponsored by Calvin Klein and L’Oreal Paris in Los Angeles Monday, Spencer revealed that the Academy Award-nominated actress became a mom “like, two days ago.”
In her own speech later, Davis, 46, confirmed the new addition, a boy named Genesis.
Davis and her husband, actor Julian Tennon, announced in August that they were planning to adopt. This is the first child for the couple.
Tennon has two children from previous relationships.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here