*(Via Wash Post) – Herman Cain does not endorse smoking, despite his campaign’s decision to prominently feature an aide smoking a cigarette in a recent Web video, the businessman and GOP presidential candidate said Sunday.
During an interview on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” host Bob Schieffer – who survived a bout with bladder cancer that he attributes to smoking – said the ad “sends a signal that it’s cool to smoke,” a charge Cain denied.
“[Cain chief of staff] Mark Block smokes,” Cain said. “That’s all that ad says. We weren’t trying to say it’s cool to smoke. You have a lot of people in this country that smoke. But what I respect about Mark as a smoker, who is my chief of staff, he never smokes around me or smokes around anyone else. He goes outside.”
Cain explained that the video, which has received more than 1.2 million views on YouTube, was about letting “people be people.”
“One of the themes within this campaign is let Herman be Herman,” Cain said. “Mark Block is a smoker, and we say let Mark be Mark. That’s all we’re trying to say, because we believe let people be people.”
Read/learn MORE at Washington Post or watch the full interview below:
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here