*ABC has picked up a new sitcom from Will and Jada Pinkett Smith.
The pair, along with long-time business partner James Lassiter, has sold the Untitled Romeo Project, with singer Anthony “Romeo” Santos tapped to star.
The effort, from ABC Studios and their Overbrook Entertainment, centers on a charismatic Dominican-American (Romeo) from Washington Heights, who tries to please his very traditional, immigrant father while also creating a life that reflects his new vision of the American Dream.
While the character differs significantly from the singer’s real life, the father-son relationship is reminiscent of Romeo’s with his father, notes the Hollywood Reporter.
If ultimately ordered to series, it would join a growing cadre of Smith projects, including films “The Karate Kid” and “The Secret Life of Bees,’ along with Broadway’s “Fela!” and TNT’s since-canceled “Hawthorne.”
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Director Ripped for Taylor Swift’s 'Very White Africa' in New Video (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton, Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak Set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here