*The new season of “Kourtney & Kim Take New York,” which chronicles Kim’s blink-and-you-missed-it marriage to Kris Humphries, debuted to huge ratings on E! Sunday night.
The series topped all previous openers, attracting just shy of 3.2 million total viewers during its broadcast, according to preliminary Nielsen numbers. The previous run of the series, which bowed in January of 2011, debuted to 3 million viewers.
Among those tuning in, 2.3 million were in the 18-49 demographic. That marked a 8 percent gain over the previous premiere. Another big gain for the series was its showing in women 18-49. E! reports the episode ranks in the network’s top 10 highest rated telecasts ever among the group. For adults 18-49, it’s in the top 20.
Previous “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” spin-off “Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami” averaged only 2.6 million during its second season premiere.
Most recently, the two-part special “Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event” averaged 4.4 million viewers on its first night and 4 million during its second. The event earned respective 2.56 and 2.51 ratings in adults 18-49.
The highest showing in franchise history, 4.7 million viewers, still belongs to the fifth season premiere of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” in 2010.
Meanwhile, a rep for E! is denying a New York Post report that a planned Kardashian holiday special had to be scrapped because of Kim’s divorce.
An E! spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter that the news is “completely false.” In fact, it’s impossible to cancel something that apparently never existed as the spokesperson adds, “This special was never on the schedule.”
On Friday, the New York Post’s reported that its sources said the family was in talks for a televised special with the reality clan ringing in the holidays with its viewers. According to the newspaper, plans for the special fell apart because the family members had “too many commitments,” which made it hard to schedule the program’s shooting. Though, the fallout from Kim’s quickie divorce from Kris Humphries was supposedly the nail in the coffin.
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here