*The new season of “Kourtney & Kim Take New York,” which chronicles Kim’s blink-and-you-missed-it marriage to Kris Humphries, debuted to huge ratings on E! Sunday night.
The series topped all previous openers, attracting just shy of 3.2 million total viewers during its broadcast, according to preliminary Nielsen numbers. The previous run of the series, which bowed in January of 2011, debuted to 3 million viewers.
Among those tuning in, 2.3 million were in the 18-49 demographic. That marked a 8 percent gain over the previous premiere. Another big gain for the series was its showing in women 18-49. E! reports the episode ranks in the network’s top 10 highest rated telecasts ever among the group. For adults 18-49, it’s in the top 20.
Previous “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” spin-off “Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami” averaged only 2.6 million during its second season premiere.
Most recently, the two-part special “Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event” averaged 4.4 million viewers on its first night and 4 million during its second. The event earned respective 2.56 and 2.51 ratings in adults 18-49.
The highest showing in franchise history, 4.7 million viewers, still belongs to the fifth season premiere of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” in 2010.
Meanwhile, a rep for E! is denying a New York Post report that a planned Kardashian holiday special had to be scrapped because of Kim’s divorce.
An E! spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter that the news is “completely false.” In fact, it’s impossible to cancel something that apparently never existed as the spokesperson adds, “This special was never on the schedule.”
On Friday, the New York Post’s reported that its sources said the family was in talks for a televised special with the reality clan ringing in the holidays with its viewers. According to the newspaper, plans for the special fell apart because the family members had “too many commitments,” which made it hard to schedule the program’s shooting. Though, the fallout from Kim’s quickie divorce from Kris Humphries was supposedly the nail in the coffin.
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here