*The new season of “Kourtney & Kim Take New York,” which chronicles Kim’s blink-and-you-missed-it marriage to Kris Humphries, debuted to huge ratings on E! Sunday night.
The series topped all previous openers, attracting just shy of 3.2 million total viewers during its broadcast, according to preliminary Nielsen numbers. The previous run of the series, which bowed in January of 2011, debuted to 3 million viewers.
Among those tuning in, 2.3 million were in the 18-49 demographic. That marked a 8 percent gain over the previous premiere. Another big gain for the series was its showing in women 18-49. E! reports the episode ranks in the network’s top 10 highest rated telecasts ever among the group. For adults 18-49, it’s in the top 20.
Previous “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” spin-off “Kourtney & Khloe Take Miami” averaged only 2.6 million during its second season premiere.
Most recently, the two-part special “Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event” averaged 4.4 million viewers on its first night and 4 million during its second. The event earned respective 2.56 and 2.51 ratings in adults 18-49.
The highest showing in franchise history, 4.7 million viewers, still belongs to the fifth season premiere of “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” in 2010.
Meanwhile, a rep for E! is denying a New York Post report that a planned Kardashian holiday special had to be scrapped because of Kim’s divorce.
An E! spokesperson tells The Hollywood Reporter that the news is “completely false.” In fact, it’s impossible to cancel something that apparently never existed as the spokesperson adds, “This special was never on the schedule.”
On Friday, the New York Post’s reported that its sources said the family was in talks for a televised special with the reality clan ringing in the holidays with its viewers. According to the newspaper, plans for the special fell apart because the family members had “too many commitments,” which made it hard to schedule the program’s shooting. Though, the fallout from Kim’s quickie divorce from Kris Humphries was supposedly the nail in the coffin.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here