*At just seven-years-old, LaNiyah Bailey is a published author. But it’s her latest effort, a book about obesity, that’s closet to her heart, says Blacklikemoi.com.
After rapidly gaining weight when she was just three, her parents consulted her pediatrician and put little LaNiyah on a strict diet. When she continued to gain weight despite being on the diet, LaNiyah’s parents knew something was wrong. Now at seven, LaNiyah weighs in at over 100 pounds, and her unexplained weight gain has caused her to be the victim of taunting and name-calling.
To handle the bullying related to her weight, LaNiyah and her mom wrote a book entitled Not Fat Because I Wanna Be to help other kids deal with being overweight. LaNiyah says she wrote the book because she wants “people to learn that bullying isn’t cool to do to other people,” and she hopes her book will make a difference.
With childhood obesity reaching epic proportions, many kids will be able to relate to LaNiyah’s story.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here