*At just seven-years-old, LaNiyah Bailey is a published author. But it’s her latest effort, a book about obesity, that’s closet to her heart, says Blacklikemoi.com.
After rapidly gaining weight when she was just three, her parents consulted her pediatrician and put little LaNiyah on a strict diet. When she continued to gain weight despite being on the diet, LaNiyah’s parents knew something was wrong. Now at seven, LaNiyah weighs in at over 100 pounds, and her unexplained weight gain has caused her to be the victim of taunting and name-calling.
To handle the bullying related to her weight, LaNiyah and her mom wrote a book entitled Not Fat Because I Wanna Be to help other kids deal with being overweight. LaNiyah says she wrote the book because she wants “people to learn that bullying isn’t cool to do to other people,” and she hopes her book will make a difference.
With childhood obesity reaching epic proportions, many kids will be able to relate to LaNiyah’s story.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here