*At just seven-years-old, LaNiyah Bailey is a published author. But it’s her latest effort, a book about obesity, that’s closet to her heart, says Blacklikemoi.com.
After rapidly gaining weight when she was just three, her parents consulted her pediatrician and put little LaNiyah on a strict diet. When she continued to gain weight despite being on the diet, LaNiyah’s parents knew something was wrong. Now at seven, LaNiyah weighs in at over 100 pounds, and her unexplained weight gain has caused her to be the victim of taunting and name-calling.
To handle the bullying related to her weight, LaNiyah and her mom wrote a book entitled Not Fat Because I Wanna Be to help other kids deal with being overweight. LaNiyah says she wrote the book because she wants “people to learn that bullying isn’t cool to do to other people,” and she hopes her book will make a difference.
With childhood obesity reaching epic proportions, many kids will be able to relate to LaNiyah’s story.
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here