*At just seven-years-old, LaNiyah Bailey is a published author. But it’s her latest effort, a book about obesity, that’s closet to her heart, says Blacklikemoi.com.
After rapidly gaining weight when she was just three, her parents consulted her pediatrician and put little LaNiyah on a strict diet. When she continued to gain weight despite being on the diet, LaNiyah’s parents knew something was wrong. Now at seven, LaNiyah weighs in at over 100 pounds, and her unexplained weight gain has caused her to be the victim of taunting and name-calling.
To handle the bullying related to her weight, LaNiyah and her mom wrote a book entitled Not Fat Because I Wanna Be to help other kids deal with being overweight. LaNiyah says she wrote the book because she wants “people to learn that bullying isn’t cool to do to other people,” and she hopes her book will make a difference.
With childhood obesity reaching epic proportions, many kids will be able to relate to LaNiyah’s story.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here