*”All those years ago, I was a girl with this dream, but with no education, no confidence, no self-esteem, nothing. And now God has brought me to this place of destiny, and He’s not even done with me yet.” – Tasha Smith to Essence
You don’t need us to remind you that Tasha Smith has come a long way.
From homelessness to Hollywood star, the actress who plays Angela – the spitfire hairdresser in Tyler Perry’s “Why Did I Get Married?” hit films – will reprise her role in the new upcoming TBS series, “For Better or Worse.”
In the December Essence cover story, “Diary of a Happy Black Woman,” Smith reveals how faith, love and film mogul Tyler Perry propelled her life forward.
The December issue of Essence hits newsstands on November 11th.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here