*”All those years ago, I was a girl with this dream, but with no education, no confidence, no self-esteem, nothing. And now God has brought me to this place of destiny, and He’s not even done with me yet.” – Tasha Smith to Essence
You don’t need us to remind you that Tasha Smith has come a long way.
From homelessness to Hollywood star, the actress who plays Angela – the spitfire hairdresser in Tyler Perry’s “Why Did I Get Married?” hit films – will reprise her role in the new upcoming TBS series, “For Better or Worse.”
In the December Essence cover story, “Diary of a Happy Black Woman,” Smith reveals how faith, love and film mogul Tyler Perry propelled her life forward.
The December issue of Essence hits newsstands on November 11th.
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here