*”All those years ago, I was a girl with this dream, but with no education, no confidence, no self-esteem, nothing. And now God has brought me to this place of destiny, and He’s not even done with me yet.” – Tasha Smith to Essence
You don’t need us to remind you that Tasha Smith has come a long way.
From homelessness to Hollywood star, the actress who plays Angela – the spitfire hairdresser in Tyler Perry’s “Why Did I Get Married?” hit films – will reprise her role in the new upcoming TBS series, “For Better or Worse.”
In the December Essence cover story, “Diary of a Happy Black Woman,” Smith reveals how faith, love and film mogul Tyler Perry propelled her life forward.
The December issue of Essence hits newsstands on November 11th.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here