*”All those years ago, I was a girl with this dream, but with no education, no confidence, no self-esteem, nothing. And now God has brought me to this place of destiny, and He’s not even done with me yet.” – Tasha Smith to Essence
You don’t need us to remind you that Tasha Smith has come a long way.
From homelessness to Hollywood star, the actress who plays Angela – the spitfire hairdresser in Tyler Perry’s “Why Did I Get Married?” hit films – will reprise her role in the new upcoming TBS series, “For Better or Worse.”
In the December Essence cover story, “Diary of a Happy Black Woman,” Smith reveals how faith, love and film mogul Tyler Perry propelled her life forward.
The December issue of Essence hits newsstands on November 11th.
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here