*“Law and Order: SVU” star Tamara Tunie found herself in a real-life crime drama after her accountant admitted in court Thursday to stealing more than $1 million from her.
Joseph Cilibrasi, Tamara’s business manager for over ten years, pleaded guilty to grand larceny and other charges, according to the Associated Press. He used some of the stolen cash to finance his own business ventures in the entertainment industry, including investing in Hollywood movies and Broadway productions such as “Legally Blonde: The Musical” and the Tony Award-winning “Spring Awakening.”
He also secretly opened a credit card account in the actress’s name and wrote checks to himself, without her permission.
Speaking in court Thursday, Cilibrasi said in his plea deal, “I stole over $1.4 million from Ms. Tunie Generet by converting funds from her (business accounts) to my personal use.”
Although he is free pending a Jan. 4 sentencing, Cilibrasi’s deal calls for between 2 ½ years to 7½ years in prison.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Lamar Odom's First Public Appearance is Kanye’s 'Yeezy Season 3' Show
- Va. Parents Mad As Heck Over White Guilt Video About 'Unequal Opportunity'
- TrOyMan: Back Again with New EP & Single
- 'RACE' Kicks Off NBA All Star Weekend 2016 with Red Carpet Screening (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Camp Reacts to Kanye West Lyric, ‘I Made That B*tch Famous’
- Martin Shkreli Offers Kanye $10M for 'The Life of Pablo' Album
- The Film Strip: Katie Holmes Tackles Mental Illness in 'Touched by Fire’
- Trump Sticker Causes Heated Interaction Between St. John’s University Students
- Raven-Symoné Reacts to Getting Shoved Out of the Way For Kendall Jenner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here