*“Law and Order: SVU” star Tamara Tunie found herself in a real-life crime drama after her accountant admitted in court Thursday to stealing more than $1 million from her.
Joseph Cilibrasi, Tamara’s business manager for over ten years, pleaded guilty to grand larceny and other charges, according to the Associated Press. He used some of the stolen cash to finance his own business ventures in the entertainment industry, including investing in Hollywood movies and Broadway productions such as “Legally Blonde: The Musical” and the Tony Award-winning “Spring Awakening.”
He also secretly opened a credit card account in the actress’s name and wrote checks to himself, without her permission.
Speaking in court Thursday, Cilibrasi said in his plea deal, “I stole over $1.4 million from Ms. Tunie Generet by converting funds from her (business accounts) to my personal use.”
Although he is free pending a Jan. 4 sentencing, Cilibrasi’s deal calls for between 2 ½ years to 7½ years in prison.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here