*“Law and Order: SVU” star Tamara Tunie found herself in a real-life crime drama after her accountant admitted in court Thursday to stealing more than $1 million from her.
Joseph Cilibrasi, Tamara’s business manager for over ten years, pleaded guilty to grand larceny and other charges, according to the Associated Press. He used some of the stolen cash to finance his own business ventures in the entertainment industry, including investing in Hollywood movies and Broadway productions such as “Legally Blonde: The Musical” and the Tony Award-winning “Spring Awakening.”
He also secretly opened a credit card account in the actress’s name and wrote checks to himself, without her permission.
Speaking in court Thursday, Cilibrasi said in his plea deal, “I stole over $1.4 million from Ms. Tunie Generet by converting funds from her (business accounts) to my personal use.”
Although he is free pending a Jan. 4 sentencing, Cilibrasi’s deal calls for between 2 ½ years to 7½ years in prison.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here