*“Law and Order: SVU” star Tamara Tunie found herself in a real-life crime drama after her accountant admitted in court Thursday to stealing more than $1 million from her.
Joseph Cilibrasi, Tamara’s business manager for over ten years, pleaded guilty to grand larceny and other charges, according to the Associated Press. He used some of the stolen cash to finance his own business ventures in the entertainment industry, including investing in Hollywood movies and Broadway productions such as “Legally Blonde: The Musical” and the Tony Award-winning “Spring Awakening.”
He also secretly opened a credit card account in the actress’s name and wrote checks to himself, without her permission.
Speaking in court Thursday, Cilibrasi said in his plea deal, “I stole over $1.4 million from Ms. Tunie Generet by converting funds from her (business accounts) to my personal use.”
Although he is free pending a Jan. 4 sentencing, Cilibrasi’s deal calls for between 2 ½ years to 7½ years in prison.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here