*“Law and Order: SVU” star Tamara Tunie found herself in a real-life crime drama after her accountant admitted in court Thursday to stealing more than $1 million from her.
Joseph Cilibrasi, Tamara’s business manager for over ten years, pleaded guilty to grand larceny and other charges, according to the Associated Press. He used some of the stolen cash to finance his own business ventures in the entertainment industry, including investing in Hollywood movies and Broadway productions such as “Legally Blonde: The Musical” and the Tony Award-winning “Spring Awakening.”
He also secretly opened a credit card account in the actress’s name and wrote checks to himself, without her permission.
Speaking in court Thursday, Cilibrasi said in his plea deal, “I stole over $1.4 million from Ms. Tunie Generet by converting funds from her (business accounts) to my personal use.”
Although he is free pending a Jan. 4 sentencing, Cilibrasi’s deal calls for between 2 ½ years to 7½ years in prison.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here