*Is she black? White? Latina? Middle Eastern?
Hannah Simone of Fox’s breakkout comedy “New Girl” says questions about her ethnicity have been abundant throughout her career – dating back to her days as a VJ for Canada’s MuchMusic channel.
As Cece, the fashion model best friend of “adorkable” Jess (Zooey Deschanel), her race came up for the first time during last week’s episode — five shows into the premiere season. On the series and in real life, Simone is considered Indian.
But for the record, her father is Indian and her mother is half German-Italian and half Greek-Cypriot. She spent her early childhood in Calgary, Alberta, but has lived since the age of 7 in such countries as Saudi Arabia, Cyprus, India and England.
In the exclusive audio below, Simone explains how being multicultural has been the greatest gift.
In tonight’s episode, titled “Thanksgiving,” Jess invites a music teacher at her school (played by guest star Justin Long), on whom she’s always had a crush, to the gang’s big Thanksgiving dinner at the loft, which of course goes horribly wrong.
In the video below, Hannah takes fans along on her recent Canadian press tour for “New Girl,” which airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m.
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Judge Joe Brown in Jail for Contempt of Court (Listen to Him Challenge the Judge)
- Christina Milian Mourns Death of Newborn Nephew
- Spike Lee to Receive Honorary Academy Award
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here