*Is she black? White? Latina? Middle Eastern?
Hannah Simone of Fox’s breakkout comedy “New Girl” says questions about her ethnicity have been abundant throughout her career – dating back to her days as a VJ for Canada’s MuchMusic channel.
As Cece, the fashion model best friend of “adorkable” Jess (Zooey Deschanel), her race came up for the first time during last week’s episode — five shows into the premiere season. On the series and in real life, Simone is considered Indian.
But for the record, her father is Indian and her mother is half German-Italian and half Greek-Cypriot. She spent her early childhood in Calgary, Alberta, but has lived since the age of 7 in such countries as Saudi Arabia, Cyprus, India and England.
In the exclusive audio below, Simone explains how being multicultural has been the greatest gift.
In tonight’s episode, titled “Thanksgiving,” Jess invites a music teacher at her school (played by guest star Justin Long), on whom she’s always had a crush, to the gang’s big Thanksgiving dinner at the loft, which of course goes horribly wrong.
In the video below, Hannah takes fans along on her recent Canadian press tour for “New Girl,” which airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here