*Is she black? White? Latina? Middle Eastern?
Hannah Simone of Fox’s breakkout comedy “New Girl” says questions about her ethnicity have been abundant throughout her career – dating back to her days as a VJ for Canada’s MuchMusic channel.
As Cece, the fashion model best friend of “adorkable” Jess (Zooey Deschanel), her race came up for the first time during last week’s episode — five shows into the premiere season. On the series and in real life, Simone is considered Indian.
But for the record, her father is Indian and her mother is half German-Italian and half Greek-Cypriot. She spent her early childhood in Calgary, Alberta, but has lived since the age of 7 in such countries as Saudi Arabia, Cyprus, India and England.
In the exclusive audio below, Simone explains how being multicultural has been the greatest gift.
In tonight’s episode, titled “Thanksgiving,” Jess invites a music teacher at her school (played by guest star Justin Long), on whom she’s always had a crush, to the gang’s big Thanksgiving dinner at the loft, which of course goes horribly wrong.
In the video below, Hannah takes fans along on her recent Canadian press tour for “New Girl,” which airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man's 20-Year-Old Girlfriend Kicked His Baby to Death (Video)
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here