*Is she black? White? Latina? Middle Eastern?
Hannah Simone of Fox’s breakkout comedy “New Girl” says questions about her ethnicity have been abundant throughout her career – dating back to her days as a VJ for Canada’s MuchMusic channel.
As Cece, the fashion model best friend of “adorkable” Jess (Zooey Deschanel), her race came up for the first time during last week’s episode — five shows into the premiere season. On the series and in real life, Simone is considered Indian.
But for the record, her father is Indian and her mother is half German-Italian and half Greek-Cypriot. She spent her early childhood in Calgary, Alberta, but has lived since the age of 7 in such countries as Saudi Arabia, Cyprus, India and England.
In the exclusive audio below, Simone explains how being multicultural has been the greatest gift.
In tonight’s episode, titled “Thanksgiving,” Jess invites a music teacher at her school (played by guest star Justin Long), on whom she’s always had a crush, to the gang’s big Thanksgiving dinner at the loft, which of course goes horribly wrong.
In the video below, Hannah takes fans along on her recent Canadian press tour for “New Girl,” which airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here