*Just after the Christmas rush, Cash Money Content, the book publishing arm to record label Cash Money Records, will release “An XL Life: Staying Big at Half the Size” written by radio personality, Big Boy.
In his new book, Big Boy shares his tough journey from an overweight homeless teen, who overcame guns, gangs and dealing, to become a morbidly obese, reaching over 500 pounds, funny-guy sparring regularly with superstars like Will Smith, Barack Obama, Mariah Carey and Michael Jackson on the radio.
The iconic morning show host tells an inspirational behind-the-scenes tale of how he fought the battle of his life, finding himself near death more than once, all the while still entertaining Los Angeles daily with his hit radio show “Big Boy’s Neighborhood.”
In 2002, Big Boy weighed in at 511 pounds.
But after the death of Big Pun and taking on a challenge from Will Smith, he began to lose the weight. Will Smith stepped in with an on-air challenge to donate $1000 for every pound Big lost to the charity of his choice.
He took the challenge head on, dealing with the ups and downs of weight loss, eventually going to weight loss surgery.
“As a child, although we were poor, my family was always happy, loving and encouraging, which has made me the self confident and happy adult that I am today – no matter what size I am,” Big Boy said.
He added that food was the “glue” that held the family together. It meant love, comfort and safety. So unlearning those habits and restricting himself was definitely a struggle.
“Food was always one of my most favorite things in the world,” he admitted. “Now, I still love food but I know more about nutrition, portion size, and exercise and I am passing these new food habits on to my kids.“
Two surgeries and two blood transfusions later, Big’s health has stabilized and he is on his way to a healthier life. But even at half the size … he is and always will be … Big Boy.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here