*Just after the Christmas rush, Cash Money Content, the book publishing arm to record label Cash Money Records, will release “An XL Life: Staying Big at Half the Size” written by radio personality, Big Boy.
In his new book, Big Boy shares his tough journey from an overweight homeless teen, who overcame guns, gangs and dealing, to become a morbidly obese, reaching over 500 pounds, funny-guy sparring regularly with superstars like Will Smith, Barack Obama, Mariah Carey and Michael Jackson on the radio.
The iconic morning show host tells an inspirational behind-the-scenes tale of how he fought the battle of his life, finding himself near death more than once, all the while still entertaining Los Angeles daily with his hit radio show “Big Boy’s Neighborhood.”
In 2002, Big Boy weighed in at 511 pounds.
But after the death of Big Pun and taking on a challenge from Will Smith, he began to lose the weight. Will Smith stepped in with an on-air challenge to donate $1000 for every pound Big lost to the charity of his choice.
He took the challenge head on, dealing with the ups and downs of weight loss, eventually going to weight loss surgery.
“As a child, although we were poor, my family was always happy, loving and encouraging, which has made me the self confident and happy adult that I am today – no matter what size I am,” Big Boy said.
He added that food was the “glue” that held the family together. It meant love, comfort and safety. So unlearning those habits and restricting himself was definitely a struggle.
“Food was always one of my most favorite things in the world,” he admitted. “Now, I still love food but I know more about nutrition, portion size, and exercise and I am passing these new food habits on to my kids.“
Two surgeries and two blood transfusions later, Big’s health has stabilized and he is on his way to a healthier life. But even at half the size … he is and always will be … Big Boy.
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Judge Joe Brown in Jail for Contempt of Court (Listen to Him Challenge the Judge)
- Christina Milian Mourns Death of Newborn Nephew
- Spike Lee to Receive Honorary Academy Award
- IK Enemkpali Once Punched Man He Thought Was a Female Prostitute
- Hillary Clinton Disrupted by #BlackLivesMatter Protesters in Cleveland (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here