*Billboard has chosen Nicki Minaj as its rising star of 2011.
The artist will receive her honor at Billboard’s “Women in Music” event on Dec. 2 in New York City, reports the AP.
Minaj said Wednesday she was “deeply honored to be recognized by Billboard.” She said she and her fans have come a “mighty long way” but are not close to where “God will take us.”
The rapper and singer has emerged as one of music’s most popular entertainers since releasing her debut album “Pink Friday” late last year. Her hits include “Super Bass” and “Moment 4 Life.” She’ll have one of her biggest fans on hand as well: Taylor Swift is also being honored as the woman of the year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here