*Billboard has chosen Nicki Minaj as its rising star of 2011.
The artist will receive her honor at Billboard’s “Women in Music” event on Dec. 2 in New York City, reports the AP.
Minaj said Wednesday she was “deeply honored to be recognized by Billboard.” She said she and her fans have come a “mighty long way” but are not close to where “God will take us.”
The rapper and singer has emerged as one of music’s most popular entertainers since releasing her debut album “Pink Friday” late last year. Her hits include “Super Bass” and “Moment 4 Life.” She’ll have one of her biggest fans on hand as well: Taylor Swift is also being honored as the woman of the year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here