*Unfortunately we have bad news for fans of legendary boxer Joe Frazier.
According to published reports, the 67 year-old ex-heavyweight boxing champ is dying of liver cancer. He is in a Philadelphia hospice living out his final days after the cancer was discovered just 4 weeks ago
“Joe Frazier is a giant among men,” promoter Don King – who promoted Frazier’s 1975, world famous Thrilla in Manilla” fight with Muhammad Ali – told the NY Daily News. “He was a great gladiator and a great fighter. When Smokin’ Joe came to the ring you knew you had someone who was coming to fight. He edified himself and qualified himself as a champion among champions in his fights with Ali. My prayers are with him.'”
King learned of Frazier’s grave condition on Saturday morning and planned on honoring him before a cruiserweight title match between Guillermo Jones and Mike Marrone in Hollywood, Fla., that he was promoting on Saturday night.
Read/learn more at NY Daily News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here