*Twitter lit up overnight with false reports that legendary entertainer Ruby Dee, and not Heavy D, had died yesterday.
Jeffrey Leavitt, representative for the 87-year-old stage and screen star, corrected the false reports on Wednesday.
Dee’s rumored death apparently resulted from confusion between her name and that of Heavy D, the popular rapper who died in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Tuesday at age 44.
The mix-up was then compounded when Rev. Jesse Jackson tweeted that Ruby Dee had died, and she became a trending topic on the social network.
Shortly afterward, Jackson corrected his post. “The news of the passing of Ruby Dee HAS NOT BEEN confirmed,” he tweeted, and urged his followers to pass the word.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here