*Twitter lit up overnight with false reports that legendary entertainer Ruby Dee, and not Heavy D, had died yesterday.
Jeffrey Leavitt, representative for the 87-year-old stage and screen star, corrected the false reports on Wednesday.
Dee’s rumored death apparently resulted from confusion between her name and that of Heavy D, the popular rapper who died in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Tuesday at age 44.
The mix-up was then compounded when Rev. Jesse Jackson tweeted that Ruby Dee had died, and she became a trending topic on the social network.
Shortly afterward, Jackson corrected his post. “The news of the passing of Ruby Dee HAS NOT BEEN confirmed,” he tweeted, and urged his followers to pass the word.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here