*Twitter lit up overnight with false reports that legendary entertainer Ruby Dee, and not Heavy D, had died yesterday.
Jeffrey Leavitt, representative for the 87-year-old stage and screen star, corrected the false reports on Wednesday.
Dee’s rumored death apparently resulted from confusion between her name and that of Heavy D, the popular rapper who died in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Tuesday at age 44.
The mix-up was then compounded when Rev. Jesse Jackson tweeted that Ruby Dee had died, and she became a trending topic on the social network.
Shortly afterward, Jackson corrected his post. “The news of the passing of Ruby Dee HAS NOT BEEN confirmed,” he tweeted, and urged his followers to pass the word.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here