Drake told The Souce that he’s actually not too much into social media websites because they are getting out of hand and take away what it means to be a real person. But of course he’s got to do his celebrity thing online, despite his own opposition.
“I’m really scared for my generation, you know. The thing that scares me most is Tumblr,” he admitted. “I hate what Tumblr has become. Because it like, it reminds me of those clique-y girls in high school that used to make fun of everyone else and define what was cool, but in five years, when you all graduate, that sh*t doesn’t matter.”
He continued, “Instead of kids going out and making their own moments, they’re just taking these images and living vicariously through other people’s moments,” said Drake. “It just kills me. Then you’ll meet them and they’re just the biggest turkey in the world. They don’t actually embody any of those things. They just emulate. It’s scary, man, [this] simulation life that we’re living. It scares me.”
In other Drake news, he and his good industry bud, Lil Wayne, have let go of the joint album idea for now, especially with Jay-Z and Kanye’s release of ‘Watch the Throne.’
So for now, they’re doing their solo thing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here