*Over the weekend, a few details emerged about Erick Sermon’s condition after suffering a heart attack. But it turns out the legendary rapper is alright and even made himself available for an interview.
Sermon, 42, spoke with SiriusXM radio host, Sway Calloway saying, “I scared myself, man.”
He explained that the problems began on Wednesday (Nov. 9) when he took a break from making beats. He sat on the sofa and began to experience sharp pains on his left side.
The next day he went to the emergency room and it turned out to be right in time.
“As soon as I hit the door, my whole left side cramped up on me … The heart palpitations were going really fast, and I started getting the pains again.”
Doctors said he suffered a minor heart attack.
He’s still in the hospital as of Tuesday and he’s continuing to recover.
At the time of the attack, his blood pressure was 200/190. The rapper currently weighs in at 285 pounds but vows to lose 30.
“I don’t want to be small, but I know I want to take off that weight,” he said. “When you take it off, that helps a lot, too, but also you have to watch that [unhealthy] food. I know it sounds crazy, but that food is a killer.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here