*Over the weekend, a few details emerged about Erick Sermon’s condition after suffering a heart attack. But it turns out the legendary rapper is alright and even made himself available for an interview.
Sermon, 42, spoke with SiriusXM radio host, Sway Calloway saying, “I scared myself, man.”
He explained that the problems began on Wednesday (Nov. 9) when he took a break from making beats. He sat on the sofa and began to experience sharp pains on his left side.
The next day he went to the emergency room and it turned out to be right in time.
“As soon as I hit the door, my whole left side cramped up on me … The heart palpitations were going really fast, and I started getting the pains again.”
Doctors said he suffered a minor heart attack.
He’s still in the hospital as of Tuesday and he’s continuing to recover.
At the time of the attack, his blood pressure was 200/190. The rapper currently weighs in at 285 pounds but vows to lose 30.
“I don’t want to be small, but I know I want to take off that weight,” he said. “When you take it off, that helps a lot, too, but also you have to watch that [unhealthy] food. I know it sounds crazy, but that food is a killer.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here