*Over the weekend, a few details emerged about Erick Sermon’s condition after suffering a heart attack. But it turns out the legendary rapper is alright and even made himself available for an interview.
Sermon, 42, spoke with SiriusXM radio host, Sway Calloway saying, “I scared myself, man.”
He explained that the problems began on Wednesday (Nov. 9) when he took a break from making beats. He sat on the sofa and began to experience sharp pains on his left side.
The next day he went to the emergency room and it turned out to be right in time.
“As soon as I hit the door, my whole left side cramped up on me … The heart palpitations were going really fast, and I started getting the pains again.”
Doctors said he suffered a minor heart attack.
He’s still in the hospital as of Tuesday and he’s continuing to recover.
At the time of the attack, his blood pressure was 200/190. The rapper currently weighs in at 285 pounds but vows to lose 30.
“I don’t want to be small, but I know I want to take off that weight,” he said. “When you take it off, that helps a lot, too, but also you have to watch that [unhealthy] food. I know it sounds crazy, but that food is a killer.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here