*Former Bad Boy Records artist Loon (born Chauncey Hawkins, but who is now known as Amir Junaid Muhadith after his conversion to Islam) was arrested in Belgium and will be extradited to the United States to face drug charges, according to MTV News.
It seems that Loon “knowingly and intentionally” possessed with intent to distribute at least one kilogram of heroin between early 2006 and September 2008 in North Carolina.
A copy of indictment surfaced on blog site DDotOmen.com on Friday.
Loon began his career as a rapper in Ma$e’s Harlem World group, who released their gold-selling debut The Movement in 1999. In 2003 Loon released his solo self-titled debut on the back of his Mario Winans-featured single “Down for Me.”
In 2004 he was arrested and charged with attempted murder after a security guard was stabbed during a fight at The House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA. However Loon was never convicted of the crime.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here