*Former Bad Boy Records artist Loon (born Chauncey Hawkins, but who is now known as Amir Junaid Muhadith after his conversion to Islam) was arrested in Belgium and will be extradited to the United States to face drug charges, according to MTV News.
It seems that Loon “knowingly and intentionally” possessed with intent to distribute at least one kilogram of heroin between early 2006 and September 2008 in North Carolina.
A copy of indictment surfaced on blog site DDotOmen.com on Friday.
Loon began his career as a rapper in Ma$e’s Harlem World group, who released their gold-selling debut The Movement in 1999. In 2003 Loon released his solo self-titled debut on the back of his Mario Winans-featured single “Down for Me.”
In 2004 he was arrested and charged with attempted murder after a security guard was stabbed during a fight at The House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA. However Loon was never convicted of the crime.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here