*Former Bad Boy Records artist Loon (born Chauncey Hawkins, but who is now known as Amir Junaid Muhadith after his conversion to Islam) was arrested in Belgium and will be extradited to the United States to face drug charges, according to MTV News.
It seems that Loon “knowingly and intentionally” possessed with intent to distribute at least one kilogram of heroin between early 2006 and September 2008 in North Carolina.
A copy of indictment surfaced on blog site DDotOmen.com on Friday.
Loon began his career as a rapper in Ma$e’s Harlem World group, who released their gold-selling debut The Movement in 1999. In 2003 Loon released his solo self-titled debut on the back of his Mario Winans-featured single “Down for Me.”
In 2004 he was arrested and charged with attempted murder after a security guard was stabbed during a fight at The House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA. However Loon was never convicted of the crime.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Cardell Hayes Gets Indicted in Former NFL Player Will Smith's Murder
- Doc Rivers Tearfully Remembers His Mother; Bankrupt: Petey Pablo
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here