*As the world awaits a verdict in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michal Jackson’s personal doctor Conrad Murray, two of the singer’s former bodyguards are hoping the physician will be acquitted, believing Michael would’ve never wanted him on trial in the first place.
Murray has denied allegations he administered the fatal dose of anesthetic propofol, which cost Jackson his life in June, 2009. The six-week case was handed over to the jury to begin deliberations on Thursday afternoon.
Jackson’s ex-security guards, Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield, were told ABC’s “Good Morning America” today that their former boss would be disappointed to learn Murray’s life was being scrutinized during a very public trial – and he’d have hated to see his trusted physician facing prison time for his death.
“There’s no way in hell that Dr. Conrad wanted to kill Mr. Jackson. Why would he kill his paycheck?” said Beard.
Whitfield added, “He (Jackson) would not step into another court room again. This trial brought him back into a court room. His character was back into question.”
Both bodyguards insist that Murray should not be singled out as the one doctor who made dangerous drugs available to Jackson, as the King of Pop battled chronic insomnia.
Beard insisted, “It’s way bigger than Dr. Conrad Murray.”
Whitfield continued, “That courtroom wouldn’t be big enough to hold everyone in it that we feel would be accountable (for Jackson’s death). …If Dr. Murray may have helped Mr. Jackson sleep, we certainly believe there were other doctors helping him to stay up (to perform during the day).”
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- The NBA Demands Removal of Flag & No More Systematic Racism
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here