*As the world awaits a verdict in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michal Jackson’s personal doctor Conrad Murray, two of the singer’s former bodyguards are hoping the physician will be acquitted, believing Michael would’ve never wanted him on trial in the first place.
Murray has denied allegations he administered the fatal dose of anesthetic propofol, which cost Jackson his life in June, 2009. The six-week case was handed over to the jury to begin deliberations on Thursday afternoon.
Jackson’s ex-security guards, Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield, were told ABC’s “Good Morning America” today that their former boss would be disappointed to learn Murray’s life was being scrutinized during a very public trial – and he’d have hated to see his trusted physician facing prison time for his death.
“There’s no way in hell that Dr. Conrad wanted to kill Mr. Jackson. Why would he kill his paycheck?” said Beard.
Whitfield added, “He (Jackson) would not step into another court room again. This trial brought him back into a court room. His character was back into question.”
Both bodyguards insist that Murray should not be singled out as the one doctor who made dangerous drugs available to Jackson, as the King of Pop battled chronic insomnia.
Beard insisted, “It’s way bigger than Dr. Conrad Murray.”
Whitfield continued, “That courtroom wouldn’t be big enough to hold everyone in it that we feel would be accountable (for Jackson’s death). …If Dr. Murray may have helped Mr. Jackson sleep, we certainly believe there were other doctors helping him to stay up (to perform during the day).”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here