*As the world awaits a verdict in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michal Jackson’s personal doctor Conrad Murray, two of the singer’s former bodyguards are hoping the physician will be acquitted, believing Michael would’ve never wanted him on trial in the first place.
Murray has denied allegations he administered the fatal dose of anesthetic propofol, which cost Jackson his life in June, 2009. The six-week case was handed over to the jury to begin deliberations on Thursday afternoon.
Jackson’s ex-security guards, Javon Beard and Bill Whitfield, were told ABC’s “Good Morning America” today that their former boss would be disappointed to learn Murray’s life was being scrutinized during a very public trial – and he’d have hated to see his trusted physician facing prison time for his death.
“There’s no way in hell that Dr. Conrad wanted to kill Mr. Jackson. Why would he kill his paycheck?” said Beard.
Whitfield added, “He (Jackson) would not step into another court room again. This trial brought him back into a court room. His character was back into question.”
Both bodyguards insist that Murray should not be singled out as the one doctor who made dangerous drugs available to Jackson, as the King of Pop battled chronic insomnia.
Beard insisted, “It’s way bigger than Dr. Conrad Murray.”
Whitfield continued, “That courtroom wouldn’t be big enough to hold everyone in it that we feel would be accountable (for Jackson’s death). …If Dr. Murray may have helped Mr. Jackson sleep, we certainly believe there were other doctors helping him to stay up (to perform during the day).”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Malcolm Jamal Warner: ‘Cosby Show’ Legacy ‘Tarnished’ by Bill Cosby (Watch)
- Raven Symone Says She Wouldn't Hire Someone With Ethnic Sounding Name; #BlackTwitter Pounces
- What Happened to US Government Employee Kanika Powell?
- Danny Glover Joins Gabrielle Union's ‘A Meyer’s Christmas’; Ernie Hudson Added to ‘Graves’
- Detroit Woman’s ‘Dead Body on Lawn’ Halloween Prank Draws 911 Calls
- New Radio Station: ItzYourzRadioLive.com Now Broadcasting
- You Could Break the Bank Going to 'The Happiest Place On Earth!'
- Walter Scott’s Family Gets $6.5M in Settlement With N. Charleston (Watch)
- ‘Star Wars’ Actor John Boyega to Racist Fans: ‘I’m In the Movie, What Are You Gonna Do About It?’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here